Monday 27 April 2015

The Sleek Party Box;

With some of my birthday money I really wanted to get my hands on another Sleek palette as I only own one as well as one of their Blush By 3s as I'd never tried one and I've heard such great things about them. While browsing the Superdrug website I stumbled across the Sleek MakeUP Party Box Gift Set. This comes with 1 eyeshadow palette, 1 blush by 3, 1 eyeshadow and blush palette, a highlighting palette, an eyebrow palette and a lipgloss and a mascara, for just £30. It seems like a no brainer to me and I had to get this up ASAP so you can purchase it as I imagine it won't be available forever.
The first thing I opened was the i-Divine Palette in Storm. The shades are mostly glittery party shades, going with the theme of the gift set I guess. But there are enough neutral shades to create looks for this time of the year, there are also two matte browns that make perfect crease colours. I love the glittery blue and green as they're shades that my collection is lacking and they'll be great to add a twist to a smokey eye. I've swatched all of these shades and the pigmentation is just as great as my first sleek palette, I just can't wait for some nights out to use these! They also have themed names such as 'Electric Storm' and 'Eye of the Storm' which are one of those quirky things that make me love Sleek.
 And this little beauty is the Blush By 3 in Pink Lemonade, which is something I've seen pop up on a lot of blogs, and is probably the shade I'd have picked up. These live up to their reputation too as they're super pigmented but easy to blend out. The first shade 'Icing Sugar' is a lighter pink with glitter running through it which I think looks awesome on pale skin. 'Macaroon' is a cream blush, I love that they have incorporated both powder and cream finishes. This shade is a more neutral pink cream blush, compared to the ones I own and it really complements a bold eye or lip. 'Pink Mint' is my favourite so far, this is pink but also with coral tones, it also has glitter and I think its perfect and so eye-catching. I also love that Sleek seem to have the right amount of glitter and sheen to their blushes, there's enough to catch your eye but not so in your face that it looks horribly fake.
 This is the See You At Midnight Eye and Blush Palette. The back of packaging tells me includes 'Antique' blush which is a brown toned blush, with multi-coloured glitter, at the minute this isn't my favourite and I'm not sure if it will work with my skin tone as its too glittery to contour and too dark to be a blush, However 'Pomegranate' more than makes up for it, this is a pretty dark pink which I think will look awesome with a summer tan or as an autumnal blush, it also seems to leave more of a sheen than having chunky glitter. See You At Midnight also contains shades from the 'Vintage Romance' i-Divine, two purples, a gold and a blue, these will make some creative eye looks. My only issue is that I think you'll need more shades to make a full look, and that I don't know which drawer to put this palette into; eyes or cheeks?!? Ah the OCD in me. I'm guessing these palettes are new as I haven't seen one before and they have one of my favourite features... Magnetic packaging... ah so satisfying.
 Ooh and this here is the Precious Metals Highlighting Palette. This contains 3 cream highlighters, and one powder. The first shade is 'Platinum' which looks scary, but when blended away this makes a very dramatic highlight which I think would be perfect for nights out or for your inner eye corner. 'Royal Gold' and 'Renaissance Gold' these are both as it says gold toned, however 'Royal Gold' is more glittery whereas 'Renaissance Gold' leaves a gorgeous sheen. I love using gold highlighters even on my pale skin, during the summer I will pop these under my foundation and the cream formula only helps without application. I'm not sure 'Antique Bronze' is for me as its a little dark, its more of a beige with subtle glitter but I'm sure I can use this as an eyeshadow as its a really great shade. The packaging of this is also magnetic, and a gorgeous reflective chrome.
This set also includes these little goodies, the mascara I am yet to try as I don't like to have too many open as they dry out. I am so thankful the eyebrow palette was offered in dark, as its just my shade. And can I say finally a drugstore brow palette that isn't two red-toned, this is also the first time I've tried a coloured gel and I think it would be great to use alone as it keeps my brows in place all day and I can fill in with it. Brow-kit brushes are the only palette brushes I ever use, these and the tweezers will be super useful for on-the-go! The last product is Gloss Me lipgloss in the shade 'Hawaii Honey' and I really like it. I've only recently gotten back into wearing gloss, and this one is lovely as its not too sticky. The shade is a sheer coral when applied alone with golden glitter, which isn't chunky enough that you can feel it when applied, this also looks great over a red lip.

Wow, that was a lot of typing. Massive love to you if you got this far, what do you love from Sleek?

No comments:

Post a Comment