Monday 15 June 2015

Project 10 Pan;-

My New Years resolution this year was to buy less of what I didn't need, that also counts for makeup. So I agreed (with myself) I'd only buy what I'd finished, ie if I finished a whole foundation I'd by myself a new one. Unless I felt my collection was lacking something... which seems to be a clause I've been dipping into a lot lately. So after my birthday splurge I decided to reign in my spending by starting Project 10 Pan. If you're unaware of what Project 10 Pan is essentially you pick 10 products, and you finish all 10 before buying any new makeup. Most people that take part in this tend to doctor the rules a little. Mine will include makeup and skincare items. I've seen a lot of people use products they don't really like because they don't want to waste the money, but I'd rather throw them away than have the money I spent on them staring me in the face every time I open my makeup drawer. Instead my products are mostly ones that I have replacements that I am waiting to try.
Apologies, its not easy to take nice photos of old and worn products!
My main aims with my project pan are to reduce my makeup collection, use up products to the full before their use by date and cut down on splurging. I'll obviously be doing a lot of makeup window shopping but I'm hoping this will also help me not to buy products based on hype and to pick items I really want and that will be good for my skin. Before I ramble further I'll show you the products I will be using up and tell you a little about them.
I have decided to include one body care product being this N-Spa Coconut Body Butter as I've already used a lot and I like this but I need to push myself to use the last bit. I don't normally use this everyday as it's quite thick and it takes a while to dry, but it does do a good job. Summers coming up and my legs could do with the extra hydration before I bring out the short shorts anyway.
My only face product is this Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer. I really liked this when I first got it as its medium coverage and feels nice and moisturising on the skin. But the glitter in the 'Wake Me Up' formula is becoming more prominent, but I want to finish the last of this before I move onto another concealer.
As for eyes I have chosen to use up this Revlon Eyeshadow Primer, which is a great drugstore primer that helps to keep your eye looks on for longer without creasing. It also has a light coverage if you have any veins or discolouration. Lately I've been switching between this and my Mac Paintpot but I want to use the last of this as I have an MUA eye primer I want to try out and review when this is finished.
I really like using this Rimmel White Eyeliner to brighten my waterline, but it's one of those steps I easily forget. But this is a great liner and I've had it for a while so I really need to finish the rest of this up.
The last eye product is Soap and Glory's Supercat Liquid liner I really like this and it's really black, but pen liner's tend to dry up quite fast and I just want to get the most out of it before it does.
I only have one cheek product as I tend to switch up my blush a lot. Benefit's High Beam is my favourite liquid highlight, but I have a lot similar that I need to use when I've finished this one. This is also only a sample size from a gift set so I hope this will make it easier to use up.
I'm including a fair few lip products but I do own a lot of lip products as I like a lot of choice. My first lip product is this Lush lip scrub. Although I use it frequently during winter I tend to neglect it in the Warmer months, so much that it's just expired. But it seems to still be working fine so for that reason I want to get as much of this use as quickly as possible and my mum bought be a new one for my birthday that I want to atleast open for it expires.
Up next is my Maybelline Babylips in Pink Punch. For me this didn't live up to the hype, as I don't think they provide long-term moisture but it is good for keeping your lips soft under lipstick. There isn't a lot left of this and I have a collection of lip balms I need to move onto.
I also have included my Topshop lip bullet, this is a lovely brownish nude colour that goes with everything. I've only included it as its a sample size from a gift set again and it's the only lip colour I have chance of finishing as I have so many and like to switch them up.
Last but not least is my favourite gloss, Soap and Glory's Sexy MotherPucker. I've only recently started wearing gloss again and although I love this the applicator is looking worse for wear, and I have a lot of unopened glosses from gift sets that I really should test out.

I'm hoping that documenting this will spur me on a little and help keep me on track, watch this space.


No comments:

Post a Comment