Friday 1 February 2019

Monthly Makeup Buys - January 2019;-

I posted my last Monthly Makeup Buys in December, but they were actually all Black Friday buys. I didn't buy a single makeup item throughout December and I've also been pretty good during January. This year I definitely want to try a few more higher end things, so I'm trying to save a bit of money before I splash out. I still thought it would be fun to share my opinions on the few things I have picked up.

Nyx Glitter Glue Mascara Review
I made one order this month, which was from NYX. I feel like I hear a lot of good things about NYX products. I've only tried a couple of lips products, but I really like them. I definitely want to try more from NYX.

NYX Glitter Primer
The thing I really wanted from NYX was their glitter primer. I've been finding that when I use my Colourpop Supershock Shadows and some of the shimmery shades from my Morphe 35M palette I get glitter fall out when I apply the shadows and even more falls down onto my face throughout the day and I was hoping this would help with this. The primer is a paste that has a little shimmer to it that you can blend onto your lid similarly to a primer. I tend to apply it over any crease or transition shades before applying this and it doesn't affect the look of the shades beneath. It leaves your lid tacky so any glittery shades will stick to it with less fall out. When I use this I also have less glitter fall out during the day and it makes shimmery shades more impactful and stand out more. I do still get some glitter fall out throughout the day with really shimmery shades, but it is minimal compared with not using this. This is also not something I'd use every single day because most weekdays I'm looking to simplify my routine, but I have been using this whenever I want my eyeshadow to stand out more or I have more time to perfect my look. I'm really glad I picked this up and I've really been enjoying the effect.

NYX Worth The Hype Mascara
When I ordered the glitter primer I knew that I was getting to the end of the bottle of mascara I was using, so I thought I'd pick up the highest rated mascara that NYX had. I've literally never heard of it, but it has 4.4 out of 5 stars. This is super black and lasts all day. I usually look for something that gives length and volume, this is kind of lacking in the volume department. But it makes my lashes look super long and seperated giving a look of fluttery lashes and I'm surprised by how much I like this. I don't think its my favourite mascara of all time, but I think if I was ordering from NYX again and needed a mascara I might pick it up again.

What are your favourite products from NYX?


Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage 

No comments:

Post a Comment