Friday 19 February 2016

The Body Shop Cleansing Butter Review;

My skincare routine has always been very simple, and as far as cleanser is concerned I mostly use Micellar Water. But recently I've heard a lot about the Body Shop Cleansing Butter be compared to a lot of higher priced skincare brands and I had to give it a try.
The is a waxy feeling balm that melts to an oil when rubbed into your skin. I wasn't sure how to use this at first because I'd never tried anything like it. After having a quick Google (and yes it really came to that) I found out that the best way to use this is to apply is directly to the skin with your fingertips and massage the product into the skin. This lifts any makeup, even mascara leaving you looking like a melting panda. If you have any allergies this can sting a little when you're around the eye area, but its never given me any visible reactions like some products I've tried. Then the product needs rinsing, I do this just with a wet cotton round. At this point this cleanser leaves a slight residue on the skin, leaving your skin feeling a little sticky but not oily. I find this a little annoying, but I always double cleansed with Micellar Water just in case I missed any bit and to cleanse the skin underneath my makeup. When I use this Cleansing Butter for my first cleanse there's a lot less makeup left on my skin when I come to my second cleanse than with just Micellar Water. So I definitely think this does a good job at keeping my skin clean, and my skin  always feels really soft after I use it.
The Body Shop claims that this is indulgent, but gentle on the skin to leave your face feeling clean but pampered. This isn't a product that will completely clears breakouts, or stops my skin from ever being oily. But it is something I've been reaching for a lot, am really enjoying using, and a product that makes you feel pampered, without half of the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment