Monday 9 April 2018

Re-Review L'oReal Infallible Matte;-

I watch a lot of Youtube videos where people go back to old Favourites and talk about what they think of the products down the line, and I've recently started using an old favourite foundation of mine and have found that my opinion on it had changed. I thought it would be interesting to revisit my old review on this and see what things still ring true and what I've changed my mind about.
The foundation in question is the L'oReal Infallible Matte, you can read my review from back in 2015 here. I remember this foundation being talked about a lot when it first came out, but I rarely hear anybody talk about this anymore. The formula of this is thin, making the foundation easy to blend, and gives a medium-high coverage.
The foundation was marketed with a matte, but not flat finish, which is something I would agree with. This is what initially drew me to the foundation because my skin used to be oily, but it could just be winter but my skin is a lot drier recently. My opinion on this may have changed because this isn't really suited to my skin type at the moment. I said in my first review that the product clings to dry patches, but that it doesn't look worse than bare dry skin. This is the thing I've my mind on most... Before going back to using this foundation I was using a very dewy and moisturising base (which I also didn't really like) and in comparison the L'oReal foundation really emphasises any dry parts of my skin. I also commented on the fact that I could use this without the need for a primer. I've now used this with a few different primers, but purely to try to stop this clinging to dry patches. I've found that primers can help with this a little... But not much. I will say that this foundation does last a really long time on the skin, in fact I think this looks better thoughout the day when my skin naturally creates oil. I have found using a liquid highlighter under my foundation makes this look the best when my skin is dry.
I said in my original review that this may be the first foundation I'd repurchase which was true at the time as I'm bottle two of this. However, I don't think this is the perfect foundation for me. I've also been thinking a lot about animal testing and L'oReal still tests on animals when there are now a lot of companies who don't, so I won't be repurchasing this for ethical reasons. I'll definitely use up what is left of this so as not to be wasteful, but for me its back to the drawing board to find a foundation that ticks all of the boxes.


Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage


2 comments:

  1. I have this and, to be honest, i don't love it that much. I find it too matte for me at the moment as i have been loving a dewey finish (although i know that it is meant to be matte so i can't really complain, aha)! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you need to LOVE a matte finish to like it, but I swear everybody loved this foundation when it first came out!!!

      Xxx

      Delete