Monday 9 July 2018

18 Eyeshadows in 2018, Update 3;-

So it seems like my blog has basically turned into an update center for my 18 Eyeshadows in 2018 project. I haven't posted at all this month, I am working on a lot of ideas for posts, but I've been too busy this month to finish any! I have been using my eyeshadows all month and I'm here to share another update.

Pan That Palette
Pan That Palette

Smashbox Mini Trio - all shades left
I've managed to finish up the lighter brown in this palette this month. After my last update this eyeshadow became really crumbly and every time I used this chunks would crumble off until nothing was left. I'm really glad to be done with this because I definitely have dupes of this across multiple palettes. I don't think there's a lot of progress on the darkest brown, I've been trying to wear the shadow down on the outside edge. I'm still using this in my brows and I've also used been using this on my lower lash line since I finished the other shade so I'm hoping more progress will show soon. I'm really eager to get this one out of my collection as soon as possible now there's only one shadow left.

Pan That Palette
Pan That Palette
Mac Quad - Shades 1, 2 & 3
I'm glad to finally say I finished the cream shade in this palette, less than a week after my last update. I then moved onto using a mixtures of a couple of shades in my Sleek palette all over my lid, more on that later...
There's a bit of a dip developing in the light pink shade, I'm still using this on my inner corner and sometimes on my face as a highlight.
I've also started using the taupe shade this month, because I had barely used this in my project so far. I've remembered why I don't use this, its because its really not very good. When I first started using this it just looked like a glittery mess on my eyelid and I really didn't like it. However, I've now started to use this with a setting spray all over the lid with a cool toned brown in the crease, which makes a nice everyday look for work. I think using a setting spray has meant that I'm seeing quite a bit of progress already even though I've only been using it for a couple of weeks. I definitely have similar shades in my collection that are better quality I'm determined to see more progress before I give up on this one. I'm hoping if I continue to use this quite a bit I will hit pan in the next couple of months.

Pan That Palette
Pan That Palette
Freedom single shadows - all shades
I've finally managed to hit pan on another shade this month. You may not be able to tell from the photo but there is a tiny bit of pan on the bright pink shade. I'm really glad I've finally hit pan on this shade because if I'm honest I've got pretty bored of this. I'm sure I'll go back to this at some point, but I think its not likely to be until next year. When I started this project I said I only wanted to hit pan on the shades so I have met my goal on this one, I may try to expand this a little but I can't see me working on this too much more. I will say that although I don't get a lot of fall out from these shadows, but I do think they are on the more powdery side and from the two shades I have hit pan on so far it has taken around 2 months of using the shades for 3-4 days of the week, which I don't think is too bad.
I have also used the middle red shade a few times through the crease with a light brown all over the lid. I think it gives a very 90s grunge vibe, while be wearable enough to wear to work. I don't think you can see any progress on this one so far, but I didn't think that I would use it at all until Autumn so I'm happy to get a little head start.
I have also used all of the purple shades a handful of times, again I don't think there's is any noticeable progress in these. I did try all of the shades out in different ways with different looks to see if I can find a way to make this wearable to work, but I haven't really succeeded. So I'm going to reserve these shades to the weekend and hope I can at least make a little dent by the end of the year.

Pan That Palette
Sleek Au Natural Palette - Shades 1, 4, 5 & 6
So I started using my Sleek Au Natural Palette a lot more during this month after I used up a couple of other shadows. I used all of the shades that I was trying to pan. However, I noticed that the paler shades were super powdery and going on pretty patchy, I was struggling to get an opaque colour and getting a lot of fall out all over my face too! Because I was using the matte shades as a base it was making my overall eye look crappy and I wasn't really very happy with this. I took a break from this and have been using my Makeup Revolution Iconic 2 Palette and enjoying it so much more. I don't know if the quality in my Sleek palette is because this palette is getting old or if its because I have better shadows now. I knew that I wasn't going to finish the darker shades this year and while I do really like the shimmery champagne shade I don't think its special enough to keep the whole palette, so I've decided I'm pulling this palette out of this challenge and declutter all together. Part of me feels like I'm giving up as my 18 eyeshadows in 2018 is now down to 14, but if I hadn't done this project this would have sat at the back of my drawer not being used so I'm glad I tried to give this one last whirl. I may add another palette into my project, but for now I'm just enjoying using different palettes and pairing them with the shadows already in this project.




Follow me around;
Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment