Monday 3 December 2018

18 Eyeshadows in 2018, Update 7;-

We've made it to December, which means that this is my penultimate update on my 18 Eyeshadows in 2018 project. I feel like I can see some light at the end of the tunnel and I'm also feeling really motivated to try and meet some more goals.
I feel like I've learned a lot in partaking in this project and I'll share some of my thoughts in my finale post at the beginning of the new year. I'm really glad I decided to do this, but I'm already thinking ahead to next year and I don't think I'll be doing this project again. I've definitely missed using the rest of my collection as much so I think next year I'm more likely to do a '1 Month 1 Palette' kind of thing and creating more '5 Looks 1 Palette' posts I'm already planning my next one with the Morphe 35m palette which I just picked up. 
Here is this month's progress.
Pan That Palette Smashbox
Pan That Palette Smashbox
Smashbox Mini Trio - all shades left (1 done)  
After months and months of not a lot of progress, I'm almost done with this. It was the same with the other shades in this palette, as soon as you hit major side pan the shadow gets really crumbly and chunks fall out every time I use it. There is a tiny amount left that is right in the corners, but I imagine its only enough for one or two more uses. So I'm definitely going to hit my goal on this shadow and I will have a whole (albeit mini) palette out of my collection for good. I'm also excited to use my brow pomade that has been sitting around unused! 

Pan That Palette Mac
Pan That Palette Mac
Mac Quad - Shades 1(done), 2 & 3 
My goal was to hit pan on the shades, which I have so I haven't really used this a lot this month. But I do want to use this a bit more in the next month. When I put this in this project it was because I never reaching for this so I wanted to give it one last whirl before I threw it out. After using it more in this project I've grown to really like these shades. The pink shade is perfect for both a face highlight and for my inner corner as its really reflective but not full of glitter, I prefer this to the pink I've been using from my Freedom shadows. I also know that I can use the taupe shade in a lot of different ways and I enjoy it. I'm going to try to use it a little more for my last month so I can come to a decision about keeping this palette or not.

Pan That Palette Freedom
Pan That Palette Freedom
Freedom single shadows - all shades 
I manged to finally hit pan in the middle red shade, which I really enjoy. I'm glad to finally see these shades moving. Now I'm using the right red shade in the same way to try and hit pan on this one also. I want to eventually use up one of these shades, because they are pretty similar and I definitely don't need both.
I've been using the light pink as an inner corner highlight a lot and I hope to atleast see a dip soon, but I'm not really loving this shade as its not very reflective, but has a lot of chunky glitter so its not really perfect for the inner corner.
I've been doing a look with the shimmery brown on the lid and the matte purple on the lower lash line. I'm hoping to see a dip in the purple shade soon, I also want to finish up the shimmery brown eventually as I have decided that the money I've putting away every time I hit pan or finish a shadow on single eyeshadows and I'll need space in this palette first. 

Pan That Palette Revolution Iconic 2
Pan That Palette Revolution Iconic 2
Revolution Iconic 2  Palette - Shades 1-5 
As you can see I only have a little bit of the matte cream shade left at the top and bottom, so I think I should be able to finish this in the next month. I'm a little unsure of what I want to do with this palette once I finish this shade as I didn't really have a goal for these shades when I put them in the project. I do reach for this a lot, but I didn't for a long time and I feel like the only reason I'm using this is because its in my hand when I'm setting my primer with the cream shade. I'm hoping I can come to a decision with this palette over the last month.
I haven't used the gold or champagne shades a lot in the last month but I can imagine I'll be grabbing for the gold a lot over December as I love a gold eye and a red lip over the Christmas period. I've been making a lot of use of the copper shade by using it with a very warm, almost orange, brown from my Revolution Iconic Division palette in the crease. I really like this look for work and I'm hoping soon I might see a little bit of progress in this shade soon, but I think I've hit a bit of hard pan on this shade.
I've also expanded the pan in the matte brown, I use this all the time in the crease and its a nice shade. I hope I can reach a little side pan on the left during my last month of this project.

Are there any products you're trying to use before the new year?





Follow me around;
Twitter - @girlaboutvill

Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment