Monday 2 November 2015

Lip Lava;

Something I've been meaning to talk about for the longest time are these Lip Lavas from I <3 Makeup. When these first came out they were so super hyped, that I didn't jump to ordering them. They almost looked a little too good to be true, but I've totally fallen for them and here's why.

Lip Lava's are liquid lipsticks in a squeezy tube that you apply through a sponge applicator, kind of like some lip glosses. Except they're completely different. These have been named £2.99 dupes of Too Faced Melted Lipsticks and I can completely see why even without trying them. The formula is like a lipstick left in the sun, glossy but still thick. I'm not sure if its down to formula or application, but although being glossy they don't feather around the edges at all when you apply. They go on evenly to give you a pigmented lip colour, like you'd get with any lipstick. When first applied they are glossy. But with wear it fades to matte look that lasts longer than any lipstick I have. This doesn't budge even with eating and drinking. These are my go-to night out lip colours as you don't have to worry about reapplication and they feel comfortable all night. I once experienced flaking but that was due to applying gloss over the top, and this faded the colour as well. My only other issue is that they're simply aren't enough shades... Hint, hint.

My favourite shade is Firestorm, which is a pillarbox red. This is the only red lip I can wear anywhere because I don't have to worry about touching it up.

Shockwave is a cool toned fuschia purple. I'm still not sure if I can pull this off but its definitely unique.

Forgiven is a brown toned nude. I think this ticks the box of the 90's lip trend, but I think it would be better suited to someone with a darker skin tone that my own.

Tremor is the perfect medium pink that is perfect for everyday.


Unleash is another bold one, its a gorgeous orange that I think would be great over summer.

You can buy these from the Makeup Revolution website alone or as a set.


No comments:

Post a Comment