Monday 2 April 2018

March Favourites;-

I haven't written a favourites post in the longest time, so I thought I'd show you a few things I've been loving lately!
Cream blushes are one of those products I keep tip-toeing between loving or never using. I'll go months raving about them and then they go back in the drawer until next time. At the moment I'm back on the bandwagon and I've pulled my Revlon cream blush in the shade Flushed (this is pretty old and I can't even find it on the Boots website). I find this really easy to blend and gives you that natural flushed look, so I guess the shade name is pretty accurate! I've been suffering from dry skin and I've found this is one of the few products that doesn't cling to dry patches and I'm really enjoying using this.
I really loved the L'oReal liquid eyeliner, but I've decided I only want to purchase cruelty free makeup so I've been looking for an alternative. I think I've found the perfect alternative in this Barry M On Point Eyeliner. Just like the L'oReal liner this is a felt tip pen eyeliner with a really fine tip. This is really black that I think is really easy to use and I'm glad I've managed to find a cruelty free version of one of my favourite products.
Another Barry M product that I picked up completely on a whim and really like is this Showgirl Mascara. I generally only have one mascara at a time and the mascara I had just before this one game me a reaction which it lead to an eye infection (it was literally disgusting!). After it cleared up I was in desperate need of  a mascara, so I picked up this one because it was easily accessible and again, cruelty free. This has a really large bristle brush, which I usually don't like, but this works for both lengthening and volumising as well as being super black. It's not the most volumising mascara I've ever used, but it also doesn't make your lashes too solid making it easy to layer if you want to up the amp! I've literally never heard anything about Barry M mascaras, but this is really good especially for the price!
I mentioned in my 5 Best Things from Makeup Revolution post that I really like the Makeup Revolution Matte Lip Kits. I wear the shade Reign all of the time to work, which is a really nice, subtle nude shade. I don't really like the pencil because it really tugs on my lips so I don't use it, however the liquid lipstick is really nice on its own. It applies really nicely and doesn't feather when worn alone, it lasts a really long time too! I find this doesn't dry out my lips and wears well, I also like wearing this under a more glossy nude shade to make it last longer.
I recently sorted through my nail polish collection and discovered that for someone who paints their nails a couple times a year I own quite a lot of nail polish, so I've been trying to paint my nails a little more and use some of my polishes. The nail polish I've used a couple of times since is this one I got from Urban Outfitters. I can't find a shade name but its basically clear with a subtle purple glitter running through it. I find that because this is quite subtle, it takes a few days before you can see any chips. I think its a really great low maintenance nail polish.
I don't really talk a lot about hair care on my blog, but I'm quite fussy when it comes to shampoo and conditioner, my scalp can be quite dry but I get greasy roots and dry ends of my hair so I really struggle to find something that works well with all of that. I've literally sworn by using only LUSH shampoos for a really long time, but I ran out of shampoo when I didn't have to get to my nearest LUSH so I picked up the Herbal Essences bio-renew Clean shampoo and conditioner at the supermarket. I've found the combination of this shampoo and conditioner makes my hair soft, but it doesn't make my hair greasy and it hasn't upset my scalp at all. I think I bought this back in August and I'm only just getting near the end of the bottle, so it's lasted a really long time!

What have you been loving lately?


Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know Barry M. was cruelty free! I will have to check out their liquid liners x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're one of the few drugstore brands that are!! Make sure you do, I didn't rate them much before but I've fallen in love with some of their stuff recently.
      Xxx

      Delete