Monday 31 December 2018

All The Makeup I've Used Up This Year;-

So around this time last year I saw this post on Cosmopolitan's Snapchat story and it really caught my attention. I don't really read empties posts because people tend to chuck everything from makeup to toothpaste into them. This isn't about reviewing the products I just wanted to show all of the makeup I've used this year. The Cosmo Article showed the prices for all of the products, but I'm not too worried about the price as a lot of my makeup is drugstore so I'm purely focusing on the amount of products I've used.

all the makeup i used in 2018
I've been in a bid to downsize my collection and to get rid of non cruelty free items that I have. I also wanted to track how I much I use so I can be more informed with my future makeup purchases. So here is every makeup item I used up in 2018.

all the makeup i used in 2018
Primer - 1
I thought I was really into primer and use it quite often, but to be honest it is the first step out of the window if I'm in a hurry. Most days I'm in a hurry so a lot of the time during the week I don't bother with applying primer, which is the reason I only finished up one primer in the entire year.

The Bodyshop Instablur All In One Primer
all the makeup i used in 2018
Foundation - 3
I wear foundation every time I do my makeup, but I don't really like to wear a thick layer on my skin so I finished up three throughout the year. I tend to only have about three or four foundations in my collection at a time, so I'm pretty happy with the amount I used.

L'oReal Infallible 24-HR Matte Foundation (Not Cruelty Free), Revolution Fast Base Foundation Stick, LUSH Colour Supplement 
all the makeup i used in 2018
Concealer - 4
I used a total of four concealers this year and I'm pretty happy with that number. I was in a bid to use up the concealers in the palette as only three shades matched me so I didn't want the whole palette in my collection. I will definitely never buy another concealer palette, its so unnecessary unless you're a makeup artist. I managed to finish up all three that matched and then the whole bottle from NYX.

Revolution Ultra Cover and Conceal Palette, NYD HD Photogenic Concealer
all the makeup i used in 2018
Powder - 2
I really don't love the feel of powder on my face so I haven't really loved wearing it, I only started wearing it daily in the latter part of this year so I've only finished two, I definitely think I'll use up more in the future.

I also didn't manage to use up a single blush, bronzer or highligher and I've been using the same cheek duo all year. Definitely goes to show that I don't need to be buying a tonne of coloured face products, because they take such a long time to use up.

GOSH Velvet Touch Powder, Unknown (and really old) Avon Powder (Not Cruelty Free)
all the makeup i used in 2018
Setting spray - 2
Setting spray is something I love using, but its another step that goes out of the window whenever I'm in a rush. I've only managed to use two up in the entire year, but I only buy setting sprays when I can see I'm running low on my current bottle.

Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control Fixing Spray, e.l.f. Matte Magic Mist and Setting Spray
all the makeup i used in 2018
Eyeshadow - 6
My eyeshadow collection is something I've been really trying to use up for this year in my 18 Eyeshadows in 2018 project. And even though I have bought less eyeshadow than ever this year, only three palettes (and received another four as gifts from my lovely boyfriend) in terms of individual shadows that's a metric fuck-tonne more than the measly six eyeshadows I used this year. All of the shades I used were neutral shades, but I love experimenting with different eye looks and colours so I like having a lot to play with. My eyeshadow collection is something I want to keep working my way through so I hope I can use up some more next year.

Revolution Iconic 2 (1 Shade), Smashbox Mini Trio, Mac Paintpot in Groundwork (Not Cruelty Free), Mac Quad (1 Shade) (Not Cruelty Free)
all the makeup i used in 2018
Mascara - 4
So at the end of 2017 I had a bit of a situation with Avon mascara that didn't agree with me, which ended in a pretty sore eye infection. I'm now pretty strict and I will only use a mascara for three months and then its dead to me. I used up four mascaras, which is one per quarter of the year.

Benefit They're Real Mascara (Not Cruelty Free), Barry M Showgirl Mascara (x2), Essence Lash Princess Falsh Lash Effect Mascara
all the makeup i used in 2018
Eyeliner - 1
I don't use eyeliner every day, there are some looks that benefit from it, but sometimes I don't want to take up my limited eyelid space with a black line and not beautiful eyeshadow shades. So its no surprise to me that I only finished one this entire year.

Barry M On Point Precision Eyeliner
all the makeup i used in 2018
Lip balm - 1
I have quite the large lip balm collection, its one of those things I seem to receive as gifts or in sets, so I've really been trying to get through the pots I have. This is why I'm so disappointed to say I only used one lip balm this year, this was quite a large pot but I'm hoping I can use more in the future.

B Skincare Lip Balm
all the makeup i used in 2018
Lip gloss - 1
I like lip gloss, but I don't wear it that often. I only used one this year, but I only ever have one open in my collection at a time.

Avon Clear Lip Gloss (Not Cruelty Free)
all the makeup i used in 2018
Lip liner - 2
My lip colour is something I change it up pretty much every day which is why lip products are always the hardest for me to use up. I have quite the collection of lip liners so I only finished up two lip liners this year.

Essence Lip Liner 'In The Nude', Primark Pink Lip Liner (Not Cruelty Free)
all the makeup i used in 2018
Lipstick - 2
Like I said I love changing up my lip colour so I also only finished up two lipsticks. I have quite a large collection of lipsticks of probably every shade I could ever need so I definitely don't need to be buying any more in the near future.

Ted Baker Nude Lipstick (Not Cruelty Free), Maxfactor Lipstick 'Rosewood' (Not Cruelty Free)

In total this year I used up 29 products this year, which I think is a pretty good amount. Keeping all of my empties throughout the year has definitely taught me a lot and I will be a lot more strict with my future purchases now I've seen how much I can use in a year. If you've never done it I would definitely recommend that you keep all of the items you use over the next year so you can see for yourself!


Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment