Sunday 9 December 2018

Finish 9 By New Year, Update 2;-

Another month has passed which means I am here with my last update before my finale for this project! I'm glad to have a couple more things out of my collection so I can enter the new year with a little less clutter, but there are some products I've definitely have realizations about, here's my progress.

 1 - Vaseline Lip Therapy Aloe Vera (Not Cruelty Free)
The same as last month I've definitely made noticeable progress in the last month. I'm definitely not going to finish this by the end of the year, but I'm glad to be making progress so I can make a dent in my rather large lip balm collection. I'll definitely continue to finish this up hopefully in the early part of next year.

2- Smashbox Eyeshadow Primer (Cruelty Free)
I'm not surprised that this product is barely showing any progress. One of the reasons I've loved this primer for so long is that a little bit does the job. Last month the product was in line with the words 'PHOTO FINISH' and I'm now up to 'SHADOW PRIMER', so its definitely moving but not very quickly. I think its a very slim chance of my finishing this before the end of my project, but a lot of air bubbles come out every time I use it, so by some miracle I may still do it. I'm not too discouraged because I do completely love this primer, but I picked up a Wet'n'Wild primer in the Black Friday sales and I really want to start trying it out.

3 - Revolution Fast Base Stick (Cruelty-Free)
I only added this foundation stick during last month's update and I've made such a huge amount of progress on this. I will say that if you want to pick a foundation in your collection to use up quickly, then pick a foundation stick as it seems to be really easy to finish. I think that there is around enough product left for another week's worth of use before its completely gone. I don't dislike this foundation, but I think that the finish of this is too dewy and it breaks down quite quickly on my skin so I'm happy to be whittling down my foundation collections to the ones I love most.

4 & 5 - Collection Contour Kit (Not Cruelty Free) 
So once again I've made progress this month, but not a lot. I wanted to finish the bottom corner of the highlight, so I have now hit my goal on this. But I haven't yet hit the bottom of the bronzer and I'm not sure if I will. I'm definitely in it for the long haul to finish this up, but I do hope to eventually. I am still liking both of the these products and I use them every day so I don't mind too much.

6 - Stila Eyeliner in Starfish (Cruelty Free) 
I still can't tell how much progress I've made on this because I can't roll it back down if I roll it up. I have used this quite a bit and I think I've had to roll it up further 2 or 3 times which is good. But this eyeliner has a lot of glitter in it and I don't like it, whether or not I finish it, it is going in the bin at the end of this year.

7 - Ted Baker Nude Lipstick (Not Cruelty Free)
I've finally done it, I finished up the last of this lipstick just this week and I'm so happy. I fucking hate this lipstick, the shade is not good for me and never has been. The only way I've managed to use it is by layering over darker colours or wearing it under a gloss. I'm glad I did use this as it did show me how I can make a product I don't like work for me, but it was a bit of a fuss. I've now picked up another nude from Colourpop that suits me much better.

8 - Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake (Not Cruelty Free)
I've made pretty good progress on this lipstick too, I think I've used about half of what is left. Most of the progress has probably been in the last week as I've been wearing cool toned eye looks, which this lipstick pairs well with. I think I should be able to finish this by the end of the year, I will definitely focusing on this one more now I've finished the Ted Baker lipstick.

9 - Essence Lip Liner in Wish Me A Rose (Cruelty Free)
So I'm definitely not going to finish this lip liner by the end of the year, I've only sharpened this once in the last month. I'm hoping now that I'm using my lip butter more often I will also be using this more too. Although I'm not going to finish this yet I want to make a little more progress because my lip liner collection is something I need to work on.

Is there anything your looking to finish by the end of the year?



Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment