Monday 10 September 2018

New Makeup First Impressions (All Cruelty Free);

Cruelty Free Makeup Haul

So I've been buying a few bits of makeup over the past couple of months and trying them out, so I thought I'd bring them all together and share my first impressions.

Cruelty Free Makeup Haul
Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer in shade C1
This concealer blew up a few months ago and I have been itching to get my hands on it, but I really wanted to use up the shades that matched me in my Revolution Concealer palette before I bought it, now I finally have this in my collection. I've been using this for around a month and I really like this concealer! The consistency is a little thicker than most concealers, but it blends out really easily. The coverage of this is pretty high, its not high enough to cover really angry breakouts but for brightening my under eyes its pretty much perfect. I bought the shade C1 which I think is meant to match the shade F1 in the Revolution Fast Base Stick Foundation which I also own, the concealer is just slightly lighter, which makes it great for highlighting my under eyes. The doe foot applicator on this is slightly bigger that on most concealers, which is good for an even application of product, but I do find that it gives me more product than I need so I usually wipe a little off on the side of the tube before I apply. For my under eyes this is the best concealer I've tried so far, and I can see myself repurchasing this when it runs out. For just £4.00 I don't think you can go wrong and I think this deserves all of the great reviews I've read.

Cruelty Free Makeup Haul
Revolution Baking Oil
I have lusting after a face oil for the longest time, but all of the ones I've seen in my Instagram videos are around the £80, I like my skin but not that much. One of the reasons I love Revolution is because there are products that I cannot afford and they always come through with an alternative! This is just £6.00 which is amazing. I noticed as soon as I open the bottle that this does have quite a strong scent, so if you don't like that or you have sensitive skin I would definitely be cautious. My skin can be quite temperamental, but this hasn't reacted with mine at all. As with most oils you apply this to the skin with a pipette inside of the bottle.
I don't actually bake but I read a couple of rave reviews by people using this as a night oil, which is how I used this at first. As my skin can be oily so I was a bit dubious about using it under foundation. Within the first week my skin was noticeably more moisturised and I had no dry patches. Whenever I stop using this for a couple of days, I can tell that my skin is drier. I have also just started using this under my L'oReal Infallible Matte Foundation, I explained in a recent re-review that I was struggling with this clinging to dry parts of my skin, using this oil has completely changed that. The foundation still has a matte finish, but it doesn't cling to any dry patches because I don't have them anymore. By the middle of the day I notice my skin looking oily, but I notice this with or without using the oil and I try to powder my face at around lunchtime. I haven't used this under a more dewy base, but I will let you know if I do. With it being an oil it does also take a little longer to sink into the skin, but I personally don't mind it.
I don't very often find skincare products that actually make a noticeable, which is amazing especially for the price. I can definitely see myself replacing this when I finish it. If you're lusting after an expensive face oil, I would definitely trying this one out first.

Cruelty Free Makeup Haul
Revolution Renaissance Flick
Another thing I picked up from Revolution is there new liquid eyeliner. I think this only came out a couple of months ago and my other eyeliner has just ran out so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I don't wear liquid eyeliner all of the time, but I've had a chance to test this out on a handful of occasions. This eyeliner is super black and long lasting without cracking or smudging. The nib is super thin which makes for a precise application and the curve of the bottle makes for easy holding. All around I really like this so far. I find pen eyeliners do dry up quite quickly so I feel like always replacing them, but for just £5.00 I don't mind so much. I can definitely see myself repurchasing this.

Cruelty Free Makeup Haul
Barry M Showtime Mascara
This mascara is a repurchase for me. This makes my lashes longer and thicker, but it doesn't blow me away. I have quite long lashes anyway so I do like this for every day, and you can layer it. Its cruelty-free, cheap and easy to pick up so that's really why I picked this up again. I'm quite strict on replacing my mascaras every couple of months, so I can see myself picking it up again, but its not the best I've ever tried.

Cruelty Free Makeup Haul
BH Cosmetics Take Me Back To Brazil 35 Color Pressed Pigment Palette
In my opinion this is the most exciting thing about this haul. I've been looking for a palette with a lot of matte colourful shades because I have quite a lot of shimmery colourful shadows, but not alot to pair with them. I couldn't quite find anything that fit the bill for quite a while, then I stumbled upon quite an old video review on this palette. This is based on Rio DeGenero carnival and another palette by BH Cosmetics called Take Me to Brazil. This palette contains every bright shade under the rainbow, some are pretty much neon. There are both shimmery and matte shades, but there are definitely more mattes. The white shades at the bottom are also duo-chrome so there are definitely a lot of shades to pick from.
 I searched online and it seemed to be out of stock everywhere I checked but I became obsessed, I watched a tonne more reviews and even favourited some looks done with this palette on Pinterest. Then a couple of weeks later I was browsing online and found this in stock on Beauty Bay, but I convinced myself I didn't need it. I'm forever saying I don't need more eyeshadow and I won't buy anymore... but it always happens. I ended up not being able to sleep because I was thinking about this palette (I'm well aware of how insane I sound), so I bought it and I'm so glad I did because it was out of stock again by the next day!
I was super excited about this palette and when it came I swatched it and I was even more impressed as the shades are super bright and pigmented, the yellow in this palette is more opaque than any others I've used. I will say that there may be too much to choose from, if that's even a thing. I didn't use it for a couple of weeks because I felt overwhelmed by the choice of colours, I just didn't know where to start! I have now used this a handful of times and I'm enjoying it so far, but some of the shades are a little powdery and I get quite a bit of fall out.


Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment