Monday 3 September 2018

18 Eyeshadows in 2018, Update 4;-

Okay, so its long over due (my last update was at the beginning of July) but it's finally the time again for me to share my next update in my 18 Eyeshadows in 2018 series!

I watch a lot of Pan That Palette videos on Youtube and a common thing to happen is after a couple of months of steady progress you reach a plateau. I feel like I'm there at the moment, this update definitely doesn't have as much progress as I'd like it to. I have spent a week away where I didn't take these shades (I was at a festival and I needed a rainbow palette) and I've been sick so I haven't worn a whole lot of makeup. But it's made me feel a little unmotivated, especially as I have a lot of products I'm not using so I think going forward I may use a companion palette a week to spruce this up and get more looks out of the shades I'm trying to pan. But here's what I have so far...

Pan That Palette
Smashbox Mini Trio - all shades left (1 done)
This. damn. shadow. I basically added this palette to my project because I thought it would be easy to finish considering I used the shades most days and its a mini. The shade left I use on my eyebrows pretty much every time I do my makeup and sometimes to deepen up my eye look so I thought it would have been all used up in the blink of an eye... but its still hanging on. I'm getting so so fed up of using this because I know I have a perfectly good brow pomade going bad in my makeup drawer! I feel like I've made such an effort to use this that I don't want to give up either, I've been working on wearing down the product on the sides, so I'm praying that one day soon this starts disappear quickly so I can finally get rid of this palette.

Pan That Palette
Mac Quad - Shades 1(done), 2 & 3
I feel like I'm slowly poodling along with my Mac palette. I still use the light pink shade as an inner corner and all over face highlight, but not as often as I'd like. I use another highlight that is more subtle on my face during the week and I often forget to highlight my inner corner a lot. Over the last week I've been trying my best to remember to use this on my inner corner every day, I think at this rate it will take me until the end of the year to hit pan.
I stopped using the taupe shade for most of the last couple of months as I'd got a bit bored of it, but I picked it up again at the end of last month. I'm still using a setting spray with it every day which is just an annoying step that I have to do to make this shadow look okay. I don't really love this but it makes an easy work look with a brown in the crease (the one from the Iconic 2) so I'm persevering until I see pan. I think it would look nice with a pinky toned neutral in the crease so I want to pair this with one this month.
I'm thinking that I may add a companion palette to my project to provide me with a bit more inspiration to create different looks and then swap it out every couple of weeks. Hopefully then I'll feel a bit more excited to use these shadows again.

Pan That Palette
Freedom single shadows - all shades
I want to first say that I don't envision myself hitting pan on the light pink, chrome or purple shades in this year. The light pink I haven't touched because I've been using the one from my Mac palette. The others are just not really wearable in my working week, I've used the chrome a couple of times and the purples quite a few, but I don't really see any progress and I can't see that drastically changing anytime soon. I mostly wear these on the weekends, but that's when I do most of makeup experimenting and recently I've been using different palettes at the weekend so I don't get bored of using my project palettes during the week.
The only shades I've really used from this palette is the two reds this month. Quite a few times I have worn the middle red shade all over the lid with the slightly darker shade in the crease. I don't think there is a lot of noticeable progress yet, but I think that there will be in the next couple of months.

Revolution Iconic 2  Palette - Shades 1-5
Ever since I decided to remove my Sleek palette from this project the palette I've turned to is my Iconic 2 palette. I use the cream shade to set my primer and I use the matte brown in my crease pretty often. The third shade is also pretty similar to the shimmery champagne shade that I liked from my Sleek palette so it has been a good replacement and the palette as a whole is a lot better quality to the Sleek one. I've also used the coppery shade a few times since I started using this palette. This is another palette that I've owned for quite a while that I don't really get excited about using anymore, but I think it will be quite good for creating work appropriate looks. The first 5 shades are the ones I can imagine myself making the most progress on so these are the ones I've decided to include.
As we're at the beginning of September I don't know how much progress I can make with these shadows by the end of 2018 so I'm not going to set myself a goal other than I want to see how much use I can get out of the palette, above is my starting place.

Do you have an ideas to get yourself out of a project rut?





Follow me around;
Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment