Tuesday 23 October 2018

Essence Review;-

Wilko Essence
Essence are a brand I forget about. They are Cruelty Free, really budget friendly and I really like most of the products I've tried from them before. I think my problem is how far away my local Wilko is from the car park... I'm really that lazy. I have heard really good things about their Lash Princess Mascara so I picked that up and bought a few other goodies too.

Lash Princess Essence
Lash Princess Mascara - False Lash Effect
This is the whole reason I wanted to try some more from Essence, I've heard so many good things about this mascara. This mascara is just £3.30 and I didn't believe that a mascara at this price could be as good as I've heard. The wand is made up of bristles, I usually prefer plastic wands, and its pretty thin so I really wasn't expecting a lot from this... but this mascara blew me away. This goes on super black, it is more lengthening on my lashes than any other mascara I've tried and its volumizing too. This doesn't clump your lashes together and doesn't dry really solid so it can be layered. I think my lashes are the best they've ever looked, really black, defined and long. This doesn't flake, but on hotter days in the summer this did smudge a few times after a long day. It doesn't do it now that its cooler so I'll give it a pass. For the price I think this mascara is amazing and I can see myself buying it again

Essence Brush Review
Eyeshadow Brushes
I can't find these exact brushes online so I'm not sure if they still sell them, but they do sell other eyeshadow brushes. I wear different coloured eyeshadow all of the time I'm always in need of new eyeshadow brushes to use when all of the rest are dirty so I decided to pick these two up from Essence because they were around £1.00 - £2.00. The first brush is a small smuding brush, I wish they did this in a bigger size because I think it would be perfect to apply shadow to the lid, but this is perfect to apply inner corner highlight and shadow to the lower lash line. The other brush is a fluffy blending brush, this is really good for applying transition shades as it gives a light application or using clean to blend shadows together.
Both of these are really good quality for the price. I've washed them and I've had no problem with shedding. As the bristles are white and they have been recently used for blue eyeshadow they have stained a little, but that doesn't really bother me. I would definitely think about picking up more of these in the future.

Essence Instant Colour Lipstick Pink Candy
 Ultra Last Instant Colour Lipstick - 10 Pink Candy
I had no intention of picking up a lipstick, but this colour just drew me in. This is a pink/purple fuchsia shade, I didn't really own any other lip products in a shade like this. Its a really eye catching shade that I love wearing on warm days with minimal eye makeup. This has a satin finish and it feels super nice on the lips. It feels really comfortable to wear and lasts a good few hours before it begins to fade. It wears away really smoothly until you can't see it at all. All in all I really like this and for just £2.30 I'm really glad I bought it.

Have you tried anything from Essence?


Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment