Monday 1 October 2018

18 Eyeshadows in 2018, Update 5;-

Its a new month which means its time yet again for another update on my 18 eyeshadows in 2018 project.

Last month I was getting pretty frustrated because I wasn't seeing a lot of progress and I was neglecting the rest of my eyeshadow collection for nothing. This month I think there has been a big change, both in my motivation and in progress. I have taken a break from one of the palettes a week and used another palette as a companion. I've also not used any of these on weekends, I picked up the Emily Noel and Makeup Revolution "The Wants" so I've been experimenting with that and I'm trying to come up with a 5 looks, 1 palette. I think being able to play around at the weekend has made me feel more motivated in using these shades throughout the week.

Smashbox Mini Trio - all shades left (1 done)
Okay, no surprise but this is the palette I've made barely any progress in (again), but I did manage to take the photo completely the other way up. I want this to be done and I'm already bored of talking about it. Moving on...

Mac Quad - Shades 1(done), 2 & 3
 About a week after my last update I finally managed to hit pan on the taupe shade in this palette, which was my goal for this one. I bought in my Iconic 3 palette and I've really been loving using this all over the lid with a couple of the matte, pink toned shades in the crease. I actually think it makes a really nice look, but I don't think I'll be using it a lot in the near future as I'm feeling the warm-toned looks now fall is approaching.
There's a little progress in the light pink shade but I haven't quite hit pan yet. I've been really good and making sure I highlight my inner corner every day. I used this shade for that quite a lot this month, but I have recently taken a week's break from this palette. I think this works better with cool-toned looks, so I will continue to use it for that and then use the champagne shade in the Iconic 2 palette for warmer looks.

Freedom single shadows - all shades
I have come to the conclusion with this palette that I'm only likely to hit pan on the red shades now, with the rest my aim is to just to try and use them more.
I've gone back to using brown shimmery shade a little this month and I've expanded the pan a bit. I hit pan on this pretty early on in this project and I'm glad I took a little break, because I've naturally gravitated back to this and I'm enjoying it again.
There's a little progress in the red shades. I've been wearing a look where I use the middle shade on my lid with the matte brown from my Iconic 2 in the crease and the right red on my lower lash line. I think its a good way to make even progress on both shadows. I haven't quite pan, but I hope I can hit pan in the middle shade in the next month.

Revolution Iconic 2  Palette - Shades 1-5
The palette that looks the most different this month is my Iconic 2 palette, because its has some essential shades that I use all the time.
I knew it would happen, but I managed to hit pan on the matte cream shade already, it did have a pretty good dip going when I first decided to incorporate it in my project. I use this every day all over the lid to set my eyeshadow primer and I'm really glad I've managed to hit pan on another eyeshadow, and I've expanded the pan quite a lot already. It may seem silly, but managing to break through and hit pan on any shade just makes me feel proud like I'm actually making the most out of what I own. I think I should be able to completely finish this by the end of the year.
I've also managed to hit pan in the matte brown shade in this month. I have been using this so much as a transition shade, but I'm still surprised I managed to hit pan on this so quickly! I don't think I'll be able to finish it all up by the end of the year, but I'm sure I can expand the pan a lot.
I've also used the champagne shade as an inner corner highlight with warmer looks and I've really been enjoying it.
I only added this palette to my project last month so I don't have any specific goals on this one I just want to get more use out of the shades I chose to include, but I would like to play around with the gold and copper shades a little bit in the next month. It would be nice to see a little progress and I think they will make nice fall looks.

I said in my intro that I would be putting 50p into a jar every time I hit pan on an eyeshadow and £1 whenever I finish one. I've stuck to that all year across all of my eyeshadow collection and I've also hit pan on a couple of shades not in my project (I've been trying to get better at posting that kind of thing over on my instagram if you're interested). I've now managed to save £10, which doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm really proud as its a physical reminder of how much I've used and enjoyed the makeup I already spent my heard-earned money on. I also said that this would be my fund to buy new palettes and that's kind of gone out of the window. I've bought 2 palettes this year and I definitely didn't use this money, but its a lot less than I would have bought in previous years and I think that is because I'm really learning the value of my makeup. I know how long it takes to use an eyeshadow so I don't want to be completely overwhelmed by owning loads of eyeshadow I can't ever finish. But I'm thinking as I finish my Freedom single shadows I might use this money to buy other singles that will fit in the palette.





Follow me around;
Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment