Monday 8 October 2018

Superdrug Skincare Review;

When it comes to skincare, I'm a very simple girl. I pretty much cleanse my face, moisturise and occasionally use an under-eye cream, which is why I don't really talk about it very often on my blog. But back in April I was in need of some new items and I found out that Superdrug's own brand was both cruelty free and and really well priced. I've been using all of these things for quite a few months and I think I'm finally ready to give a review.

Cruelty Free Skincare
Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Eye Cream £5.99
I want to begin with the item I like the least so I can end this post on a high. I picked up this eye cream as it claims to brighten, reduce puffiness and dark circles and awaken your skin's natural glow.
My under eyes can get dry when not moisturised and are quite often puffy with pretty hefty dark circles from staying up to watch endless episodes on Netflix, so I want something that moisturises and brightens. I've used this pretty much every morning and night since I got it. The cream is lightweight and sinks into the skin really quickly and does a good job at keeping my eye area moisturised. However, this does absolutely nothing to make my under eyes look brighter or be less puffy. I've tried quite a lot of cheap eye creams and I find this a running theme throughout. So if you're looking for something that brightens this isn't it.

Superdrug Naturally Radiant 2 in 1 Moisturiser and Serum £5.99
The next thing I had to pick was a moisturiser. This claims to awaken skin's natural glow, hydrate and energize skin. Firstly the bottle to this has a pump which I find really helpful. I was a little confused with the consistency with it being described as a serum. This is a cream consistency. It soaks into the skin quickly and provides a good base for makeup. I have combination skin, most of the times its normal but it gets oily throughout the day but other times I suffer with dry patches. This works well most of the time, but when I'm suffering from dry skin this isn't great. When I don't have dry skin this makes my skin soft and it feels moisturised. When my skin is dry it doesn't provide the amount of moisture I need, so I tend to use my Revolution Baking Oil which helps clear my dry skin a lot quicker. I think this is likely to be a complete miss for those of you with dry skin, but I can see myself repurchasing this when I finish it as it does work so well under makeup and it is a good price.

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser £5.99
This cleanser is my favourite out of the three things I picked up and the reason I wanted to pick up a few pieces from Superdrug's range as this has been compared to the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I've never tried the Liz Earle cleanser because it is triple the price for less product.
I really wanted to try a hot cloth cleanser as you don't need cotton pads and I'm trying to buy less single use products. The idea is you apply the cleanser to the face and use a hot muslin cloth to remove it. The muslin cloth comes free with a bottle of this too!
This claims to awaken skin's natural glow (I'm noticing a theme with the range haha), cleanse and gently exfoliate. I tend to clean most of my makeup off with a wet microfibre cloth and then I use this cleanser to clean off the remnants any makeup and cleanse my face underneath. My skin looks and feels clean every time I use this and I think this does a really good job. I even use this around my eyes and it never irritates my skin or breaks me out. I think this does what it says on the bottle for a really good price. I've just finished my first bottle and I will be picking up another when I'm next in Superdrug.

What skincare products do you swear by?


Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment