Monday 21 July 2014

DIY Sunglasses Holder;

Good evening and welcome to the world's simplest DIY. The picture pretty much shows you what to do because it is that simple, regardless I'm going to tell you how I did it and the utensils I used.

It all started on a hot summer day when I retrieved my many 14 pairs of sunglasses and set to put them back in the drawer they're supposed to be kept in, but it simply wasn't happening. I have quite a collection of boxes and pots that I have once used as makeup storage but none quite worked. I keep all of my bits and pieces on a shelf in my wardrobe, and on a trip to find another pot I was, quite literally hit in the head with idea, actually with a coat hanger but hey ho! It is a velvet covered one from a set in Primark that I keep all of my more sheer items of clothing on as they don't slip off. Any hanger with a bottom will do, and I decided to hook my sunglasses around it. I had a spare screw in the wall from an old photo but any hook, screw or nail will do. To jazz it up I used a tartan bow from an old dress that's been hanging around my wardrobe handle for an eternity. I grabbed a hair band and tied it around the handle.
I think this looks chic, tidies my sunglasses and is something Kirsty Allsopp would be proud of. I discovered afterwards that this is all over Pinterest already so I won't be buying hangers and ribbon to make my millions in after all....

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment