Friday 25 July 2014

Caviar Nails from Ciate;

Hey there!
Today I thought I'd present my first every nail post (sound of trumpets). I used to be quite into nails but lazy person + working in a bar = constantly chipped nails. But with Marie Clare a couple of months ago I spied a Ciate caviar nails set for just £2 and I had to give it a shot.
In this set, there is a lovely almost-coral, almost-red and the caviar beads are pearlescent, transparent and a metallic red. The polish itself is very watery but in a good way, it makes a thinner layer which makes for quicker drying time hurray! It doesn't chip as quickly as other brands but like I said pub work doesn't make for long-lasting polish. It's super shiny which looks amazing.
Onto the beads and technique. Do this on a flat surface and on a peice of paper to catch most of them to put back into the bottle and expect beads to scurry away from you onto the floor, into your bed and even in the loo. Quick tip: Probably keep a Hoover at hand. The idea is you leave your nails wet and just sprinkle the caviar-ness on top which works it just makes one hell of a mess. When you're done your nails look and feel fabulous... while it lasts. The beads in this kit are smaller than from cheaper brands I think the idea is that they will stay on for longer, but even with top coat they were dropping on like flies from day one.
Don't misjudge this I did genuinely like the look it gave, but I think I will be saving this for 'special event nails' and I think you should save your money if you're paying full price kit because a cheaper one will do the same short-term job.

No comments:

Post a Comment