Wednesday 3 September 2014

A Green Smokey Eye;


Good afternoon, today I wanted to share a little look I created. I decided to change up my usual makeup by creating a green toned smokier eye and I hope you like it.
I began with my base and face makeup. I primed my face with the Body Shop Instablur Primer which I picked up recently and am enjoying so far. I applied to this to my t-zone and then blended it out to the rest of my face to prolong the wear of my makeup and for a bit of oil control. Next I took my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair under my eyes and on my blemishes (which I have a lot of today) and blend in with a brush. I then went in with foundation, today I am using the L'Oreal True Match Foundation in the shade Rose Ivory, I like to use a small amount of foundation and really work it into the skin for a while with a flat top stippling brush. This gives the most flawless effect and keeps it looking great for longer. The last part of my base I used my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Ivory just to powder my t-zone. Moving onto my cheeks I first took my Avon Marbelized Blush. As this is both pink and bronze toned, I used it to contour my cheekbones on an angled blusher brush. Then I took possibly my favourite ever blush, Benefit Boxed Powder in Rockateur and dusted this across my cheeks with a tapered blush brush. This product gives such a lovely sheen I didn't feel the need for highlighter today.

 Next I moved onto lips, before applying my makeup I prepped my lips by exfoliating them with my LUSH Popcorn Lip Scrub and applied Carmex Cherry Lip Balm. Before applying my lip colour I used my Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch as I find it keeps my lips moisturised underneath my lip stick for longer. To add a bit of colour to my lips I used my Revlon Matte Balm in the shade Elusive which is lovely matte, dusty rose shade.
I then brushed out my brows and then I used an Accessorize Eyebrow Palette (no longer available online) taking the middle shade to fill in sparse areas and define the arch. To keep them in place all day I took my lifesaving Collection Clear Mascara and combed through my brows.

Moving onto the most exciting part- my eyes. I primed my lids with Revlon Photoready Eye Primer which I think is a great drugstore eye primer and keeps your shadow on all day. Then I took a Rimmel Eyeliner in the shade White to line my water line and inner corner to make my eyes look bigger. Moving onto shadow I created this look using my I <3 Makeup 'No Photos Please' Palette which is a great palette as it has neutral shades and brights, it is great for slight variations of your daily look or a really eye-catching look for a special event. I first took the shade 'Discrete' on my lids, I then took 'No Comment' and blended it through my outer corner, to add the hint of green throughout my eye look I took the shade 'Jealous of Success' through my crease and blended over the other shades, lastly I took 'Lights!' and used it as a brow bone highlight. After that I used my L'Oreal Super Liner in Black Lacquer to frame my lids with a thing line. The last step was to take my favourite mascara which is the Avon Mega Effects Mascara and added a few coats.
I hope you liked this look if you like the eye colours I have a few more photos in a post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment