Friday 5 September 2014

PS Love: Makeup Review;

Good evenin'! How are you all doing?
In the past few months Primark have been selling make-up, and bloggers all over the country went crazy when it first came out so, of course, I had to get my hands on a couple of things.
The first thing I think is quite the little gem and costed just £1, and I think it's quite great. It is a Moisturising Lip Gloss Crayon, I don't think they have shade names but its obviously the light pink one. This is a little chubby stick 'dupe' of sorts, which I have tried a lot of (but never the Clinique ones...) and I think that it makes application a tonne easier. I also love the gold accents and writing on the packaging, and the product has a lovely buttery sweet scent. It has glitter, chunky glitter which I usually am not a fan of in lip products. That being said, although you can see it in the stick itself doesn't over power on your lips. It is also essentially a gloss so it can be sheer and rub off quickly. Built up it can give a lovely colour, a gorgeous light pink that is perfect for spring. I have found myself reaching for this quite a bit. And against all odds I have found myself loving this, I think it is definitely worth the tiny price tag. 

The second thing I picked up was an eyeshadow palette for £2.50, this palette is the day palette. The packaging is matte black with gold writing which does look lovely. On the inside there is a really sizeable mirror which is great for the price. There are 8 eyeshadow shades, both matte and shimmery. The left four are brown in tone and the right are grey and cool toned, which I personally don't think is what most people would consider a daytime shade. The top left is a lovely shimmery champagne colour, the bottom left is a matte mid-tone brown, and the 1 one from right is a lovely grey with blue shimmer. But as for the rest of the shades... there isn't a lot of colour at all. I know it was £2.50 but I'd have rather bought a Starbucks than a palette that sits in a drawer because I only like a few of the shades.. sorry Primark!

The last thing I bought was a double-ended make up brush. One end has a flat, large top which I use for blending in my Benetint, it blends easily and doesn't stain the brush due to the pink bristles (or my fingers). The other is smaller but thicker and it is great for blending in both concealer and highlighter. This brush is also great for on-the-go as its 2 in 1!
Thank you for reading, I urge you not to overlook Primark for makeup as it may pleasantly surprise you!
Have you tried any of the PS Love range?

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous shades of eyeshadow palette.

    http://youcancallmes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete