Monday 2 March 2015

Essence: Cream Blush Review;

As you may know Wilko's has recently started offering a brand of makeup called Essence. I hadn't heard anything about the brand before, but from what I've seen in store they're a budget beauty brand with a wide variety of products, as well as a great selection of nail art pieces including gel polish (which I am super excited to try!).
The first thing I decided to try out by Essence was their Cream Blush Stick in the shade 30, which cost me just £1.50. I've got to admit I do wish they had shade names, its one of the little quirks I love with makeup. On the cheeks this is a quite subtle, natural blushing cheeks colour with a peach tone. The blush is easily blended into the skin, and not at all cakey. It dries as a sort of cream to powder finish, leaving no greasy shine like some cheaper cream blushes can do.
 I have to admit that what first attracted me to this was the little voice in the back of my head that said 'you don't own a blush in stick format', but having the blush in the stick doesn't really add much to the product as you still would need to blend this with a brush or your fingers. That being said I'm glad the little voice lured me into buying this as it really a great product, and it's kept my bank account happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment