Friday 15 May 2015

FLAWLESS;

If you were to throw away all of your eyeshadows today and survive with just one palette this would be the one I'd recommend. I mean in reality you're probably like me and have neutral eyeshadow palettes coming out of yours, which is why it took me until now to pick up Makeup Revolution's Ultra Eyeshadow Palette in Flawless.
 Gosh, the rose gold box alone is nice enough to keep just to stare at...
The Ultra Eyeshadow Palettes are made up of 32 shades. Flawless is one of the more neutral of these palettes, but still contains some truly unique shades to jazz up your everyday eye. The first column of four is all matte which is nice as a lot of the shades are shimmery and I can see myself wearing these a lot as they are all great base and crease colours. The next two columns are pink toned shadows that will look great for this time of year as they are really spring-y, there is also a lovely red which is really stand out. The middle three columns are all warm-toned mid shadows. There are a lot of brown shadows, but also a lovely gold, some coppers and a gorgeous khaki green as well as darker burgundy red. Some of these shades will be perfect to see you through into autumn for some deeper looks. There are then some more cool-toned browns and taupe, I love that there are both warm and cool shadows in one palette. The last four shades are silver, blue and blacks for night-time eyes. The variety of shades makes this palette so versatile. I recently took this palette on a long weekend with me and although it's of course larger than the average palette, I enjoyed that I could create eye looks for daytime wandering and nights out all in one compact. I also think this would be great for transitioning through seasons as there are shades to cater for all. This is all homed in a sturdy black packaging with Makeup Revolution's signature gold writing, and it managed being squashed in my suitcase unscathed. The top side also contains a huge mirror that made doing my makeup in a tiny chalet room a lot more manageable, and another reason I think this is great for travelling.
My favourite shades; Red Night, Green Stars and Lowlite after just one swipe.
As for colour pay off as soon as I swatched this I need I needed to review it, the shades above are my favourite and you can see for yourself. My Iconic Palettes have been my holy grail for the past year and I think the payoff in this is better. The lighter matte shades aren't completely opaque but a lot better than some drugstore ones I've tried, but the shimmery shades are completely opaque from first swipe. One thing I noticed is the dimension of these shadows, a lot of these you can wear on their own and give a similar effect to Makeup Revolution's Pure Pigments. Burgundy Nights worn over my Mac Paintpot gives a lovely twist to a smokey eye and Lowlite looks lovely with just a little liner smudged into the lash line and it looks great for day and night. I also think this palette would be great for beginners as you can creat some basic looks, then build up to more extravagant and inject a little colour into neutral looks. I think this is my favourite palette that I've ever tried so far. 

I'm thinking of starting a new series where I show several looks from one palette and I'd like to include this one, would anybody be interested?


No comments:

Post a Comment