Monday 18 May 2015

Creaseless Cream Shadow;

A few weeks ago I hauled a few things from Mac. Today I bring you the first review. This is the Mac Paintpot in Groundwork and I thought I'd review this first as it has actually been my favourite product of the bunch and the one that has surprised me most.
To give you bit of background although my eyes aren't generally oily for some reason me and cream eyeshadows don't really mix. I've tried the Maybelline Colour Tatoos which stayed perfect for about 3 hours then the product clung to my creases and the rest of the eyelid was left with little to no product. But I've read so many raving reviews of Paintpots that I decided to pick one up anyway and I'm so glad I did.
 The texture and consistency of these is almost thinner than most cream eyeshadows, it's easier to get out of the pot, easier to blend and just all around the texture makes it easier. When applying I press the product onto my eyellid with my finger which warmed it up making it even easier to blend. I then take a fluffy brush to blend any harsh edges, something that I find hard to do with other cream eyeshadows but is easy easy with this. This provides a blank canvas on your eyes, it covers up any veins, and is a great base for any powder shadows. I feared the consistency might make it greasy and not long lasting but it sets matte and dries completely, whereas I have found other cream eyeshadows leave a sticky feeling that is noticeable throughout the day.
As I said in my haul I bought this at a Cosmetics store so there were a limited selection of shades and Groundwork was pretty much the only neutral shade. It is a warm toned medium brown, I really love this shade as it looks great worn alone all over the lid with a flick of liquid liner. But with shadow on top it intensifies darker browns and provides a nice contrast to shimmery eyeshadows and really makes them pop. I do definitely want to pick this up in a more nude tone as well to use instead of primer so it will go with any colour because the lasting power is so great.

Are there any products that you thought you wouldn't like but fell in love with?

No comments:

Post a Comment