Friday 17 February 2017

My #ProArtist Palette

There hasn't been a makeup product that has got me so entirely excited as Freedom's #ProArtist refillable palette in the longest time! I spent so long perusing the shades and filled up several baskets of shades before I actually bit the bullet and clicked proceed to checkout.
A custom palette from a budget beauty brand is something I've been looking for ever since the Fashionista palettes, and these are miles above this. I've spent ours perusing Mac's shades for a palette that is all mine, but I could never face spending that money. Freedom offer the perfect solution. There are a range of face and eyeshadows (I of course needed both in my palette), the face products being £3 and the eyeshadow shades at £2 each. Along with the palette itself, this cost me £38.00, which does rival the prices of higher end brands but I was more than willing to pay that for a palette full of my perfect shades.
The palette is pretty large and will fit 18 eyeshadows or 8 face products, so its pretty large. It comes in shiny, sturdy black packaging. I will say that it does scratch easily and I don't really like the white writing on the top of it, but that's only a small complaint when I love everything inside. The entire lid is a mirror, so when filled with your favourite shades this is the perfect palette to travel with. The whole bottom of the palette is magnetic like a Z Palette, and at £5 it's a fraction of the price. This would be a perfect alternative for the Z Palette for anything that likes depotting all of their favourite panned products, or wants to store their custom shades from other brands all in one place.
Onto the products inside I'm going to start with the face products because I love the eyeshadows a tiny bit more. I wanted to include some face products in my palette because I wanted to try everything in the range, and I wanted to make this the perfect all rounder palette for trying.
I picked up the contour shade #3 as it was the palest of the bunch. I usually have to use a really light hand with contour because of my pale skin, but with this one I don't have to be as careful. I have also been using this as an eyeshadow as its the perfect transition colour, and I also really like it over the lid with the red eyeshadows in the crease.
I also chose the banana powder in 01 as I've been using a yellow concealer under my eyes, I really like the effect and I wanted to add to that with this powder. I have to say that I don't think this does much for colour correction, but it is a nice, light powder that is great for setting my under-eye area.
I really struggled to chose from the 3 highlight options as they are all gorgeous, I finally decided upon the shade 03. This is a gold toned highlight that is super shimmery, but not full of chunky glitter. This would be a great highlight for someone that wants a really eye-catching highlight that packs punch. I personally like a more subtle highlight and with my pale skin I think I should have chose a more pink toned shade. I really want to have a bit more of a play with this so I can find a way to work with it, but I do love an in-your-face highlighter when I'm going on nights out and I'll be sure to reach for this.
To finish of the face shades I got the blush in shade 01. This is the lightest blush colour, and so it looks great on my pale skin. Its a candyfloss pink shade that I think will look great as a spring blush colour,
Finally onto the eyeshadows I chose for my palette. I decided instead of picking an entirely neutral selection like so many palettes I already owned, I'd use this palette to fill in the spots that were more sparse in my collection. I want to start out by saying that as with all of Freedom's eyeshadows these are super pigmented and I haven't noticed any fall out from any of the shadows!
The first shade is a light shimmery pink in Shimmer 03, I picked this shade as I thought it would be the perfect inner corner highlight for the pink and purple shades, which it totally is!
 Shimmer #09 is a light shimmery brown, which I think will go with any of the other shades in this palette and in my collection. I've used this one most since I bought this palette because its a great all over shadow, that makes your eyes look 'done' with minimal effort.
I'm a big lover of smokey eyes, so 08 was a shade I needed in my palette. This is a shimmery steel grey that would look great blended with a matte black shadow and looks amazing with the darker purples that I picked.
I love pink eyeshadows especially in the summer, so I was drawn to 02 when I saw it. This is a bright but light shimmery pink. I've been wearing this all over the lid, with just the lighter pink on my inner corner. It makes a subtle, daytime look which I've found a nice change from neutrals.
The next two shades are 09 which is a brick red, and matte 10 a burgundy red. I've been seeing these kind of shades everywhere for the past year, but I really didn't have any my collection. I've nearly bought a few palettes just for shades like these, finding these shades saved me from buying an entire palette for only a couple of shadows (just another thing I found great about this custom palette). I tend to use 10 as an outer corner and crease colour and then 09 to blend the colour out as a transition shade. This is a nice change from brown without using crazy colours.
The next colour looks a little crazy, this 05 and its actually a shade I have been looking for some time.  This is a bright shimmery purple, which reminds be of a pencil we had in primary school that was dubbed 'special purple' (please someone say you know what this is). I like wearing purple in the crease with cool taupe shades, so I tend to focus on my outer V and then blend it out with a little of this shade to lighten up the colour.
The next shade is another I've been hunting down, this 01. I really like using dark purple as an alternative to a smokey eye, but I have bought so many that look purple in the pan and then transfer onto the eyes as a muddy dark colour. This doesn't do this, its dark enough that it is almost black, but the gorgeous purple shimmer shines through.
The last shade I chose is matte 04, this is a dark matte purple, which is lightly lighter that 01. I've been using this in the outer V along with the lighter purple and to sort of blend out 01 when I'm wearing it on the lid. I really like it as its a true purple, which I think is gorgeous.

I should also add that each of the individual pans have the shade number on the bottom, which I think is really handy and has been a total god-send while I've been writing this post.

Let me know if you have your own Freedom #ProArtist Palette or what shades you'd pick if you had one?



Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram @girlaboutvillage





No comments:

Post a Comment