Thursday 23 February 2017

Project 10 Pan 2017;-

I've been totally obsessed with panning Youtubers and blogs. Its almost a guilty pleasure of mine to watch people using up all of their makeup. I think most of us have more makeup than we will ever use, and a lot of our makeup products sit in the back of a drawer unloved while we accumulate more. Panning or using up a product makes you focus on getting the most of your makeup. I've even tried my own Project 10 Pan back in 2015, and while I finished 9 out of 10 products eventually, I was pretty rubbish about recording. I've picked another 10 products from my collection and I'd like to finish all of these before I buy any more makeup.
My first product is a perfume, called 'Be Kissable'. This was my signature scent back in school and it was discontinued by Avon quite some years ago, but a friend of mine's mum was an Avon representative so he saved me a few bottles and I've been working my way through them for literally years. I still have a whole bottle left, so I definitely need to use the rest of this one. Although there isn't a lot left I flit around from perfume to perfume, and forget to put it on most mornings while I'm rushing to get ready for work. But I think if I get in the routine of putting it on, this will be gone in no time.
Next up is a sample size of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. I have had this in my collection for quite a while, but for the longest time I didn't use it at all. Its not my favourite primer, as I have oily skin and it isn't the most mattifying. The first time I wore this I looked even more oily by midday and I felt like my foundation was sliding around. However I pulled it out this winter when I was struggling with dry patches and it did a really good job at keeping my face from looking dry. When paired with a matte foundation, it tends not to work well. There looks to be just over a third left so hopefully it won't take too long to use up. 
The foundation that I pair my primer with is the L'oReal Infallible 24H-Matte. This is my favourite foundation ever, and I reach for it most often anyway (I even reviewed it here). As suggested by the name this foundation has a matte finish which is great for my oiler skin, and this does it without making your skin look flat. But I really want to use this up so I can move onto using some of my older unloved foundations. I'd say there is just under a third of this left, but it seems to be one of those never-ending products.
My last face product is actually the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, if you can't tell that's because I smashed it some time ago and I now use it as a loose powder from this tiny pot. I have had this for an amount of time that probably isn't healthy, because I really don't like wearing powder. Every powder I've tried had made my face feel dry and cakey, so I only tend to use it if I'm home and during the day if I look oily or to set my concealer. I really want to use this up because I don't like it, but now I've gone to the effort to put it in the pot I feel like I have to. I'm going to try to pop this in my hand bag for midday touch ups and hope that uses this up quickly.
Onto eyes I have this very worn Rimmel White Eyeliner. I actually had this in my first project, but since I used the rest of the products I lost interest in this. I really like using white liner in my water line to brighten up tired eyes, but that seems to take forever to use up and eye liner just using it there. I used to use white eyeliner as a sort-of makeshift highlight under my foundation when I was younger, and I have seen people use it as a base for eyeshadows to make the colours stand out. So I'm thinking of trying a few new things to finally clear this from my makeup collection.
I really like brown eyeliner, I think its really good way to line your eyes without looking too harsh and you can always smudge it in if you're crap at it so for that reason I have about 4. This one by Avon is one of my favourites as it stays in place all day, and it really easy to smudge into your lash line. I want to focus on this one so to get my numbers of brown eyeliner down. I don't use it every day as I usually wear quite subtle makeup to work (mostly because I never get in time to put on a full face of makeup), but I want to incorporate this into my daily makeup so that I can use the very little that is left.
My last product is this Arch & Shape by Makeup Revolution, this is a product that has a pen side and a pencil. I finished up the pen side quite some time ago but the pencil side has been hanging around. I actually really like the pencil as its not waxy or hard to blend, but its super dark. It usually only matches my hair when its dyed really dark, which at the moment it isn't, so this has been put on the back burner. There is probably only enough product left in this for two or three uses, so I want to work with it even if it is slightly too dark for me just to get the last little bit used!
Lastly onto lips I have chosen this Body Shop lip balm, in the scent Passionberry I think but I'm not sure seeing as most of the label has rubbed off. I'm a real lip balm fiend I have pots and pots of the stuff. There's one in every handbag I own, and one at my work desk, but this is the one I will keep in the front of my lip drawer to use at home. I usually use lip balm twice a day anyway so I'm sure it won't take long to use up and then I'll be able to move onto the next pot...
Next is this Rimmel Exaggerate lip liner in Eastend Snob. This lipliner was really talked about on blogs and Youtube for quite sometime so of course I had to have it for myself. I really like the colour because I love cool-toned pinks so much I have another 3 lip products in virtually the same shade, which is so unnecessary so this one needs to go. As you can see from the photo there is virtually nothing left of this, which is because when I was thinking of putting this in a project pan I began using it and it snapped for at least the third time (I swear I'm not winding it up too much), which is another reason I need it gone because it really irritated me. Luckily I really like just wearing this alone so I'm sure this will be all used up very soon.
My last product is this Revlon Lip Butter in Macaroon, I really like the formula of the Revlon Lip Butters as they are moisturising and still provide a nice amount of colour. This shade is pretty much the colour of candy apples, and its really nice red that is wearable for everyday. However I don't think this shade is an essential one in my collection, so I'd like to see this all gone. There is maybe half a centimetre of product left in the tube and I like wearing this to work so I think I can use this up in the next couple of weeks.

As I said in my little intro, I'm aiming to finish up all of these products before I buy anymore. I've gone pretty easy on myself so I don't get bored and splash out. I think it will be a challenge because I do love makeup, but I think it will be a good challenge because I'll have time to think about whether I really want or need the newest 'it' product while I work on my project.

I think that's everything, so I'll see you in my first update. In the meanwhile, leave me a comment and let me know if there are any products in your collection that you want to finish up entirely, and if you're doing your own project because I love reading them!

Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment