Monday 19 March 2018

18 Eyeshadows in 2018;-

I've dipped my toe into the panning pool, but someone I really need to get under control is my eyeshadow collection. The thing I love about makeup is being creative, playing around with different looks and colours is most of the reason that I have a rather unruly amount of eyeshadow. But lets be honest, most of the colours in my collection I probably have dupes of across multiple palettes, and I only have one face and one lifetime to use makeup. I couldn't pick just one palette to pan this year, instead of doing a 'Pan That Palette' I've picked 18 shadows across multiple palettes that I'm going to try my best to use up by the end of this year. I'm a little bit (two months) late to this train, but hopefully I can still get in a decent amount of progress before the end of 2018.
As I've never tried to pan any eyeshadows before I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to finish all of these shadows in this year, but I'd be pretty happy if I managed to hit pan on the shadows which I haven't yet and the finish the ones I have. Something that I'm doing a little different, is that every time I hit pan on a shadow I'm popping 50p into a jar, and every time I finish one I'm popping £1 in. So every shadow used is a step closer to a new palette - as if I need one!
18 eyeshadows I want to use up in 2018
The first two shades I've decided to include are from this mini palette from Smashbox, I want to finish them up because I definitely have multiple dupes for both of them. There was once a third shade, but I finished that up a long while ago. I've managed to hit pan on both of these shades already, but I do use them all the time. The lighter shade works well as a transition shade for a lot of looks, and I use the darker shade to fill in my brows. So I'm hoping to completely finish both of these shades by the end of the year, and be one palette down in my collection.
Next up is this quad of shadows from Mac, I've decided not to include the dark brown shade as I don't think I'll get through two dark shades in this year, especially as this one is too cool-toned to use on my eyebrows. As you can see the cream shade is very well-loved as I use this everyday to set my primer, I'm hoping to finish this shade as soon as possible as I have another similar shade that I'm hoping to dig into. I am hoping to just hit pan on the light pink and taupe shade in the palette, which I'm sure I should be able to do. I'm trying to get some more use out of this palette as although I love the formula of the shadows I don't find it very inspiring, so I'm going to give it one last run and then I'll probably throw away what is left at the end of this project.
The next set of shadows are my single shadows from Freedom housed in this palette from NYX. I actually love all of the shades, I picked most of them to fill a gap I had in my collection, but since I bought them I've bought an entire purple palette and a couple of palettes with warm toned reds and pinks. I want to try and hit pan in every shade, and just show them some love so they don't get lost in my collection. I also picked these as there's some different shades that I think will give me a lot of inspiration for different looks. I think I will hit pan in the sparkly brown first as I like wearing it all over the lid to work.
My last palette is my Sleek Au Natural palette. I want to finish the shade 1, 3, 5 & 6 from the top line.  As you can see  I've already got quite a bit of use out of the shimmery shade already, I find this really easy to use and I also like wearing it as a highlight too. I'm hoping to completely finish the shimmery shade, but I'd be happy to just hit pan on the others. This is the oldest palette in my collection, but I don't really reach for it that much anymore. I used to really like this palette, but its not something I would pick up again. I will either try to finish the other shades next year, or I may declutter the palette after this project.

I'm hoping to post updates every month, so watch this space to see how I do.
Are you panning any eyeshadows, because I love reading project pans of every variety.


Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment