Monday 12 November 2018

Finish 9 By New Year, Update 1;-

So it's been just over a month since I began my end of the year project pan so I'm here to show my almost half-way progress!
There are some products I've done really well with and there are others that I know I have absolutely no chance in finishing before 2018 is over.
1 - Vaseline Lip Therapy Aloe Vera (Not Cruelty Free)
I've expanded the pan in this lip balm quite significantly, but I don't think I'm halfway through the what I began with yet, so I don't think I'll manage to finish this one by the end of the year. I have finished the lip balm that I was keeping in my handbag when I started my project so I think my progress will pick up a little this month, but I think there will still be a little left. I'm not too worried as I always need a lip balm I was just hoping to get through this a little quicker as I have quite a lot of lip balms in my collection!
2- Smashbox Eyeshadow Primer (Cruelty Free)
I began with product up to the bottom of '24' and now I'm down to the words 'photo finish' which means that I'm definitely not halfway through this. But I have used it every single day and I'm beginning to notice that there are a lot of air bubbles at the bottom so I'm still holding onto a tiny slither of hope I can finish this before the end of the year.
3 - L'oReal Infallible Matte Foundation (Not Cruelty-Free)/Revolution Fast Base Stick (Cruelty-Free)
Around 3 days after my intro post I managed to finish up the last of my L'oReal foundation, I thought there was around a month's worth of product left as the bottle seemed neverending, but that obviously wasn't the case! This is not Cruelty-Free and I don't always love the foundation so I'm really glad its out of my collection.
I've been using the Revolution stick foundation since I ran out of the other one (you can read my thoughts on the foundation here and here) and I found that it's really easy to go through this. I didn't reach for it overly often as it's not my favourite, but in using it over the past few weeks I've already used over half. I didn't anticipate myself putting any other products in this project but I think I actually could finish this by the end of the year. There's around 1cm of product in this and hopefully soon there will be none.
4 & 5 - Collection Contour Kit (Not Cruelty Free) 
I think it was quite the long-shot hoping I'd finish this by the end of the year... It's taken me so long to get where I am and I think it will be many months until I've completely used this duo. I'm really pale so I don't use a lot of bronzer and I like to switch up what highlighter I use. I do really like this duo so I will continue to use this until I finish it as I own more than the amount of bronzers and highlighters I need and I want to reduce my numbers even if it is very slowly. My new aim is to finish the bottom corner of the highlight and maybe hit side panel at the bottom of the bronzer.
6 - Stila Eyeliner in Starfish (Cruelty Free) 
I think I've maybe rolled this up once since my first update and although I can't roll this up to see my progressI don't think I'm near done. This isn't the colour I'd prefer to use so I think in turn I'm using less eyeliner on the whole. I'm going to give this one last try for the last month of the year, then I'm throwing this out because it's old and I don't really like it that much!
7 - Ted Baker Nude Lipstick (Not Cruelty Free)
I've used over half of what's left in this lipstick. It's not my perfect nude but I've been layering it over a brown liquid lip and it's made a browny-nude that's perfect for Autumn. I think I can finish what's left in maybe a week and I'm excited to get it out of my collection.
8 - Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake (Not Cruelty Free)
I also think I've made pretty good progress on this lipstick as well. I haven't used this as much as the Ted Baker lipstick as I think it only pairs well with cool-toned eye looks. I do think I'll be able to finish this up by the end of the year though.
9 - Essence Lip Liner in Wish Me A Rose (Cruelty Free)
I'm not feeling quite as good about my lip liner, I've used this every time I've used my Revlon lipstick and I've sharpened it twice, but it's definitely not going to be done by the end of the year. But this does pair well with some other pink lipsticks I own, so I'm thinking I could put one of those shades in a project next year and finish one along with this liner.

Is there anything your looking to finish by the end of the year?



Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage 

No comments:

Post a Comment