Friday 9 November 2018

Monthly Makeup Buys - New Things From Revolution;-

I don't buy that much makeup anymore (in comparison to myself a couple of years ago) so I feel like when I do it is a monumental occasion and I want to talk about everything I've picked up. Sometimes I feel like I have so much to say I want to write a whole review, other things I don't feel that strongly about or I forget to review them and they never get spoken about on my blog. So I've decided I want to collect all of the makeup I've bought each month and share my first impressions on the products, any things that I feel like I could say more about or my opinions change as I use them more I will do a full review on at a later date. I have been doing a few of these posts this year, but I've decided to call this series my monthly makeup buys. I will probably post one of these most months, but not all as sometimes I can go a whole month without buying a single item of makeup.
This month I only actually made two orders for makeup, most of it from my favourite brand Revolution - I'd seen quite a few new things from Revolution coming out that I wanted to get my mitts on so I thought I would bite the bullet. I also picked up a primer because I ran out of the one I was using.
Monthly Makeup Buys
Revolution Skincare Targeted Under Eye Serum
The first thing isn't actually a makeup item, but I don't very frequently talk about skincare so I wanted to share my thoughts on this. I was quite intrigued by Revolution's new skincare range as a lot of the products look very high end, but don't carry the high end price tag, I also really love the Baking Oil which I have been using for a few months. I don't really need a lot skincare-wise at the moment, but as I said in my Superdrug Skincare Review I have struggled with finding a eye cream that works, so I decided to pick up Revolution's serum. This contains caffeine and hyaluronic acid and claims to reduce the look of dark circles and improve the appearance of under eye puffiness. As a serum I expected this to be somewhat oily, but it actually has the consistency of water which helps it sink into the skin really quickly. When my eyes are puffy, this actually reduces the puffiness and helps my eye under circles actually look less purple and it keeps my under eyes hydrating. This is the first under eye product I've used that I actually notice a difference with and for just £6.00 I think this is a bargain!

Revolution Conceal & Define Foundation
I really love Revolution's Conceal & Define concealer so when I heard Revolution were bringing out a foundation to match I knew I had to have it. This seems to have garnered a lot of hype, I've seen a lot of raving first impressions posts, but it only came out a month or two ago and I barely hear about it now! I think this happens with a lot of Revolution products. I've only tried this a handful of times and I have mixed thoughts. I want to play with this a little more before I give my final thoughts so I think I'm going to review this in a couple of weeks time.

Revolution Bake and Finish Powder 
I used up the last of my loose powders a couple of months ago and I really like to have one on hand as I find they are a little more heavy duty than a pressed powder. I've seen a couple of good reviews on this one since it was released, I'm pretty sure I saw Zoella raving about this quite some time ago so I thought I'd give it a go. I've really been enjoying this, its really finely milled so you can barely see it on the skin and it doesn't leave a white cast on my face. I'm not sure if this causes flashback, but I rarely use flash photography so that doesn't worry me. It mattifies my face for most of the day, I would say that for optimum wear I need to reapply this once during the day, but I get this with most powders. There is such a lot of product in this I can see it lasting me ages, so I've definitely got my money's worth. I'm preferring this over my Charlotte Tilbury pressed powder and this is a fraction of the price. My one gripe is that I wish the lid was larger as I struggle to fit my beauty blender into the lid to get powder on there in the first place!

I Heart Revolution Fixing Spray Green Tea
I always have a fixing spray on hand and I've recently finished the bottle I was using. I was quite intrigued to try out I Heart Revolution's new scented fixing sprays as I absolutely love green tea! Unfortunately this doesn't actually smell like real green tea, it has more of a fresh scent like cucumber. However, I really like the sprayer on this it seems to distribute the setting spray really evenly, I think its better than the regular one that Revolution sell. It also works just as well to make my makeup last all day and to foil my eyeshadows.

Revolution Soph Nude Lipstick - Cake
Another thing I picked up is this Soph & Revolution Collab. I really wanted to pick up a new nude as the only nude I own is the one I'm trying to use up in my Finish 9 by New Years project and isn't right the shade for me in any event. I'm also really glad to show a bit of support to Sophdoesnails as I really enjoy watching her videos, but I felt I already have most of the shades in her eyeshadow palettes already in my collection. This lipstick is a browney-nude shade and has a satin finish. Its not glossy or matte, it doesn't last all day but feels comfortable and wears away evenly, which is my preferred finish. I also really like the packaging and the bullet also has 'SophX' embossed onto it, which is a really nice touch and I'm really enjoying this so far.

Revolution and Emily Noel - The Emily Edit The Wants Palette
As with every makeup haul of mine, there's always a palette. This time around I picked up the Emily Noel and Revolution collaboration 'The Wants' Palette. Now this palette has been probably the most controversial makeup item since the Tarte Shape Tape. There have been reports of mould on the red shade, Tati was completely slammed for claiming that the shades were patchy. I have to say, I've been really loving this and I've used it a tonne. I've not had any problems with mould or getting the shadows to work and I really like the shade selection, I'm currently working on a 5 Looks 1 Palette and full review of the palette. However, this has been pulled from Revolution website for supposed 'reformulating', but it is still available on the Superdrug website. The most recent piece of news from Emily Noel's twitter is that the palette is currently in customs and should be available again shortly, which I really hope so that I can share the looks I have created with this.

Barry M All Night Long Primer Stick
This is the only thing I picked up this time around that isn't from Revolution, Barry M are becoming a fail-safe brand for me as they're cruelty-free and easy to get a hold of, especially as my local Tesco stock them so if I know I've run out of something I can pick it up with my weekly shop. That's what happened here, I ran out of my trust Bodyshop Primer quite suddenly and I needed to pick something up quickly (and I wanted to try something different). This primer stick is very silicone feeling, but easy to blend in. It makes for a smooth base to apply foundation on top of and does my makeup last longer. However, it doesn't make my face completely matte or fill pores, which is something I look for in a primer. I've also used primers that my makeup even more long lasting than this one.  I've used this pretty much every time I've worn makeup since I bought it and I don't hate it and I'll definitely finish it up, but I'm not sure I'd run out and buy it again when its all gone.

Have you tried any of these products? Have you bought anything new this month?


Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment