Friday 25 January 2019

Revisiting my September Purchases;-

I've said it before and I'll say it again, first impressions mean nothing which is why I find it helpful to take a look at things I bought a few months ago and share my up-to-date thoughts. Back in September I picked up a few new bits from Revolution along with a mascara and of course an eyeshadow palette, you can view my first impressions here. Since we're in 2019 I thought I'd let you know if my thoughts have changed.
Cruelty Free Makeup Haul
Cruelty Free Makeup Haul
Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer in shade C1
First up is the Revolution Conceal and Define, I freaking love this stuff! I've nearly finished up my tube of this and I still think its great. Its high coverage, it does a really good job to cover up and brighten my undereyes. Its not enough coverage to cover blemishes, but I tend to prefer a pot concealer for that anyway. Its really easy to blend and doesn't cake up. I use this every day and its my favourite concealer that I've tried so far, I featured this in my 2018 Favourites post. I'll definitely be buying this again when my bottle runs out!

Cruelty Free Makeup Haul
Revolution Baking Oil
My first ever face oil! Honestly I think this revolutionised my skincare routine. Since I started using a face oil my skin has looked softer and more plump and I rarely suffer from dry patches anymore! I mostly use oils at night because my skin is on the oily side, but I have also used this under matte foundations and it stops it from clinging to any dryness and from looking flat on the skin. I finished this bottle a couple of months ago and I'm using another oil from Revolution's skincare line and if I'm honest it does exactly the same as this, but if you want an oil that works on a budget this is only £6.00 and I recommend giving it a try.

Cruelty Free Makeup Haul
Revolution Renaissance Flick
This is another product that ended up in my 2018 Favourites post. This eyeliner is super black, doesn't smudge or flake away. The nib is really thin so you can make a precise line. I think the curved shape of the pen is makes it really easy to hold, which is what sets this aside from other eyeliners in my opinion. I don't use liquid liner every time I do my makeup, but I've had this open for months now and it hasn't dried out at all!

Cruelty Free Makeup Haul
Barry M Showtime Mascara
This was the second time I'd bought this mascara, but I can't see myself buying it again. I liked this at the time mostly because it's cruelty free and cheap. But since then I've tried much better and in comparison this one is pretty crap. It's black and makes my lashes a little longer and thicker, but not a lot. If you're looking for a good mascara on a budget try the ones from Essence, NYX or Revolution because they're all better than this. I would give this one a miss because its really nothing to write home about.

Cruelty Free Makeup Haul
BH Cosmetics Take Me Back To Brazil 35 Color Pressed Pigment Palette
If you're looking for a rainbow palette, this one is so good. The shades are super bright, there are a lot more mattes than shimmers, but they perform really well and are really pigmented. I will say that you do get a lot of fall out, so its definitely best to do your eyes before your face with this palette.
During the summer I used this a bunch and did loads of really bright looks. I don't tend to use quite as bright colours during the colder months, but I have been reaching for some of the shades to use as transitions. I did a purple smokey eye on New Year's Eve and the lightest purple shade worked really well to blend out the look. I've also used the greens and the yellow will other looks.
There are two duo chrome white shades and a black, but I haven't used them at all so these shades I could live without, but I do love the rest of the shades. I know I'll be reaching for this loads when its warmer and I'd really love to do a 5 Looks 1 Palette post with this in the summer.


Follow me around;

Twitter - @girlaboutvill
Instagram - @girlaboutvillage

No comments:

Post a Comment