Monday 1 June 2015

May Favourites;

2 months have passed since my last favourites post, one of which was my birthday month. So its safe to say I treated myself to a few new things, so I have a lot of things to share with you and my god did it take some whittling down to keep this post short(ish) and sweet. But look forward to a lot of upcoming new product reviews.
I have a new little shower goodie to share with you first, the LUSH Shower Jelly in Sweetie Pie. This is a quirky shower gel, jelly hybrid. The instructions read; 'rub our wobbly bit all over you wobbly bits'. Getting the jelly out of the pot is a bit of a challenge, but I add this to a shower puff and it turns into lather. It lathers up so well that a little really goes a long way. 'Sweetie Pie' is a purple, glittery jelly, thankfully the glitter doesn't seem to stick to my skin. I don't think the Edward Cullen look is too 'this season'. This smells kind of like glacier cherries, or sugary berries, and its a scent that fills your bathroom when you use this, and I'm really enjoying it.
I picked up this Rich Moisture Face Cream from Avon a little while ago for about £3 as I was suffering with some dry patches and my usual face moisturiser just wasn't cutting it. Seriously this stuff cleared them up straight away. Its a little thicker than your average cream and so doesn't sink in straight away, but I've been using this daily and it works well under makeup, doesn't make my skin more oily and is continuing to keep my skin soft. It doesn't smell of anything much, and hasn't irritated my sensitive skin, all in all a £3 well spent!
I have also caught up (finally) to the hype surrounding Argan oil with this Leave In Treatment from Avon. I run this all evenly through my hair when it's wet and it makes my hair noticeably smoother and visibly shinier. The thing I love about this is that the shine lasts until my next wash and it only cost me £2.50 on an offer which is the cheapest I've ever seen an Argan oil treatment.
Onto the makeup favourites I have been loving this Makeup Revolution Ultra Eyeshadow Palette in Flawless. I raved about this in a full review here so I'll keep it to the point. This has every neutral shade you could need in one palette, the pigmentation and blendability is amazing especially when this costs just £8 for 32 shadows. Another great product from Makeup Revolution, I just wish I purchased this sooner.
Another product I wish I'd purchased sooner is the Sleek Blush By 3 in Pink Lemonade, which I got in the Sleek Party Box which I reviewed here (shameless self blog promotion, I know but I've actually keeping up-to-date on my blog and I'm proud!). These are truly as good as everyone claims, two of shades are powder blushes, which have just the right amount of shimmer. They are so eyecatching yet perfect for everyday, my favourite of the two is 'Pink Mint'. The middle is a cream blush, which I haven't used to much of but it is really pigmented for a cream blush.
Something I've recently rediscovered are my Revlon Matte Balms, I bought them about a year ago. They've spent a long winter in the back of my lip drawer as these shades are more spring-y, but since the sun has decided to make an appearance I've been able to bring them out of hibernation. I have them in the shades: Unapolegetic which is a truly unique, bright coral-pink. But showy is shade that has seen the most lovely recently, it is  a statement blue-toned bright pink. I love the formula of these because they're matte, but not drying. And you don't have to reapply often as when the color fades it leaves your lips stained.
Last is a candle favourite, I picked this up in a little store in St Ives when I was on holiday. This is by the brand Our Own Candle Company and is a large Mason Jar candle in the scent Very Berry. I was first drawn to it because its in a mason jar, and they have teeny, tiny ones which my mum picked up one of that are adorable! Secondly it has 3 colours running through which looks awesome, I hope they smell different but I haven't got that far yet as after burning for half an hour my room is filled with the scent. The scent smells like warm berries, the kind you'd put in a pie, which is lovely for this time of year. Plus when its done I have another mason jar cup, what's not to love?

What have you loved this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment