Saturday 13 June 2015

LUSH Shampoo Bar;

I thought I'd shake things up today and review a hair product, which will come as a shock (at least to myself) as I very rarely shake up my hair care routine. A few months ago I decided I'd try one of LUSH's famous Shampoo Bars, Jumping Juniper.
These are pretty much bars of soap but for your hair. Liquid shampoos generally contain a lot of water, so these bars leave the water to your shower and instead are jam packed full of essential oils and scalp loving ingredients. These are also highly concentrated so can last as long as 2 bottles of shampoo.
Jumping Juniper was suggested to me in store as I tend to have greasier hair, rather than dry. It is supposed to deep clean your hair and scalp to remove dirt and product but without stripping it. I can definitely agree as leaves my hair clean but without any irritation to the scalp. There are also oils in this bar to add shine to the hair, so it is clean but not dry. Which is great as a lot of shampoos aimed at greasy hair leave your hair limp, but this is completely different. Jumping Juniper lathers up just as well (if not better) than any liquid shampoo. However my one qualm with this is that the product doesn't travel as far as a liquid would, so if you haven't covered your hair in lather it won't be clean. But if you make sure you've rubbed the bar all over your head, or lathered it up a few times in your hands the jobs a good'n!
As I said I've had this a while and its only about half way used. I think on me it will last atleast another 2, months which isn't half bad for £5.75. So I think if you haven't tried one of these yet, you need to get down to LUSH right away. (Just make sure you have somewhere to let your shampoo bar dry out because if you leave it on the tiled shelf next your bath it isn't coming off, trust me!)


No comments:

Post a Comment