Monday 29 June 2015

In The Garden...

Hello! Today I am super excited to share with you an absolute gem and a bargain! This is the Stila In The Garden palette and I managed to bag this for just £10. I found this at my local TKMaxx, which isn't my favourite place to shop for clothes as I'm too lazy to browse every rail. However, their makeup section shouldn't be overlooked. Every so often they have some higher-end brands for great prices, I've managed to pick up bottles of Essie and OPI Polish for a couple of days quid. What makes this even better is that Stila isn't available at my local Boots or Debanhams so I was surprised to see it at TKMaxx. I had a little Google and this palette is selling for £25 online so this is a great saving.

 The palette itself consists of ten shadows made up of mostly cool toned neutrals and shades of green which are perfect for spring/summer, as well as a hot pink, cobalt blue and a gold. It was the brights that really made me need this palette, and they mesh so well with the neutrals. Each shadow is amazingly pigmented, one thing I've noticed is that even the more pale shades are true to pan. I think this is where you definitely get what you pay for with high-er end eye palettes. These are so pigmented I over loaded my brush upon first application! However when you apply a normal-person-amount these shadows blend together beautifully, and I love how the neutrals are just the right shades to blend with the brighter colours. Also included in this palette is an Eyeliner in Starfish, which is a khaki green shade with flecks of golden glitter. This is super long-lasting and budgeproof. This retails online for £13 alone! This is all home in a gorgeous green cardboard casing. The metallic writing is pretty cute, and the quote on the inside is a nice touch. But I'm still not sure what the packaging can withstand. I definitely think this will be more of a dressing table asset than something I take on my travels. The set is made complete with a booklet of looks, some of which I have tried. I think this is so great for any beginners who want to branch out with the looks they create.

Where do you search for your beauty bargains?

No comments:

Post a Comment