Friday 24 April 2015

NOTD;

I'm always looking for an easy way to do nail art without actually having to do nail art. I'm also always trying to find ways for my mani to last more that 20 minutes into a bar shift. Today I have used these Avon Nail Art Strips in Mosaic Rose to achieve this.
These are pretty much fancy little stickers to put over your nails. They're surprisingly easy to apply. I just found the size I thought would fit and cut it to be a little longer than the nail. I lined it up with one side of my nail and applied. Then filed off any excess. I found they didn't always completely fit your nails and there were bumps along the edges and I think if the design weren't too busy you'd notice them. After wearing these for a few hours this seemed to go away for the most part, I'm not sure how maybe I pushed them onto my nails more as I went about my day. Application took about half an hour all together which is probably as long as it takes me to put one colour onto my nails including base and topcoat. Speaking of which I didn't topcoat these nail wraps as I wanted to see how long they lasted without. Noticeable chips and peeling only appeared after 3 days of wear, which is really impressive on my nails. They lasted through 3 bar shifts including polishing glasses and opening cans, showers and jean buttoning or how I normally chip my nails. I'm very impressed with their durability and they exceeded my expectations. The little gems in the design didn't fall out or snag which is something I struggle with when applying gems myself. They're also super easy to remove as you just peel them off with no damage to your nails and without spending half an hour scrubbing.
These nail wraps are £8 for a set of 18. I just wish there were an extra 2 and you could cut them to fit and have another set, but I will keep my leftovers as I think this pattern would look really cool as an accent nail. I have to say I probably wouldn't pay £8 unless I was buying them for an event, but I got these for £2.50 in a sale and I would pay that over and over.

Do you know any shortcuts to arty nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment