Monday 13 April 2015

Rimmel Lasting Perfection Review;

I haven't reviewed a foundation on my blog yet and I don't really know where to start. I mean a lot goes into making a good foundation and I'm kind of fussy. I've yet to find the mother of mother's 'I will only use this' foundation because I've struggled to find one that stays matte all day without drying out my skin. I picked the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25Hour Foundation up last month and have been enjoying it so far.
I only bought this after spending half an hour traipsing around Boots and Superdrug, to find about 4 foundations that carried a shade light enough for me. I got mine in the shade Light Porcelain. This foundation has been altered from the original as it now has comfort serum to moisturise and keep it comfortable for long wear. I tried the original and I have to say it makes all the difference. The original was really hard to blend as it had dried as soon as you put it on, which left me with and uneven finish and looking a little cakey. I also found it to cling to dry patches, which the new version really doesn't I've found it nourishing on my winter dry patches. Even with the comfort serum I do find it's a little thicker than other foundations so it takes a bit more work to blend out, and I think you'd finish a bottle of this quicker than others. But once blended out it gives a lovely finish which is worth the extra buffing. I'd say the finish is natural/satiny, I mean it doesn't make your skin look flat or completely matte but not dewy either. It gives the look of beautiful and flawless skin... but still skin. As far as coverage goes, although it looks like skin the coverage is on the medium-high side. I would say that I don't think it covers redness from breakouts as well as it does other things, but that's why I have concealer anyway. 
And here's how it looks on the skin
The bottle claims this has 25-hour wear and to be transfer proof. I've read review after review asking why you'd need a foundation to last for 25 hours. Albeit accidentally I have tested this by falling asleep in my makeup, in the morning the foundation managed to cover up my gin induced hangover (or the reason I slept in makeup) an although it had faded it did so evenly so it still looked natural. And there was no foundation stains on the pillow. I would also say this is fairly transfer proof as I often lean my hands on my face when applying liquid liner and I don't get any finger prints on my cheeks with this. This foundation happily lasts all day and I think it improves during the day rather than oxidising, and there's always a fair amount of foundation on my cleansing pad at the end of the day so there's some gross proof it doesn't evaporate away.
The only quam I have with this foundation is oil control. When first applying it's ok, and I set it with a powder but throughout the day oil does creep up. It means I have to top up my powder throughout the day, but to be brutally honest I have to do that with most foundations. The only ones I've found that succeed at all-day mattifying generally dry out my skin, catch 22.
If it wasn't for my oily skin I would probably think this foundation was perfect, but it hasn't quite stolen my heart as something I'd label 'holy grail'. That being said I got this with a coupon and paid £4.99 so I'll count my blessings and use this happily before I continue my search for the one...

No comments:

Post a Comment