Friday 3 July 2015

June Favourites;

It's that time again! I have been loving quite a few things this month but only a few of them are beauty related. I thought I'd include a few lifestyle-y faves for those of you that are as nosey as I am.
I'll start with those few beauty bits, I've been using this Mango & Papaya Body Lotion from Natural Collection at Boots. My skin has really been through the wars this month as its burnt and is still peeling now, but this has really helped! Its slightly thicker than your average moisturiser, but doesn't take long to sink in to the skin. There is no residue, it just leaves your skin smelling lovely and feeling moisturised all day long. This came in a Christmas gift set and I'm actually pretty impressed.
I really can't believe I haven't spoken about this Maybelline Color Drama in Keep it Classy, I picked this up when there was a big hype surrounding it and I didn't want to write 'just another review'. But these are great, they are dubbed as a Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil dupe. Its basically a matte lip colour, that feels creamy and doesn't dry out the lips, and lasts for a really long time. All this is pencil form too, which is my favourite for application. Keep it Classy is a berry-pink shade, but I actually prefer it when its faded a little on the lips as a more natural stain. I still love this as much as when I bought it and these are so worth the hype.
My favourite new lip products are the I Heart Makeup Lip Lavas. These have the pigmentation of a lipstick, at first are glossy but fade to a matte colour that lasts so long! These do everything they say on the tube, and everything that everyone says they do, and you can get the whole collection of 5 for the price of 4 on the Makeup Revolution website.
This month I have only used one thing on my brows this month the Brow Define Tinted Brow Mascara in Dark from MUA. This does a pretty good job at keeping my brows in place and adds a little bit of colour. Luckily I have some pretty beastly eyebrows so I don't really need to fill them in when I use this which skips an entire step, but I can't imagine its for everyone.
First up in the non-beauty category are these sunnies, they're blue and green and I love the blue tinge to the lenses. They also little penguins, I am obsessed with these and they were only £3! I bought these when I took part in Slide The City which I blogged about here. So they're also a wicked reminder of an awesome day!
Next up is my FitBit Charge, this little guy has slotted right into my life. This is a Bluetooth pedometer and sleep tracker. It tracks steps, flights of stairs as well as calories burned. It's so interesting to see how many steps I walk when I totter around at work, and it gives me the oomf to get off my arse and move from in front of the TV on days off. I'm not sure if pay the full price for this, but I managed to get this for free when my boyfriend bought the Samsung Curve.
Speaking of days in front of the TV I need to tell somebody about the shows I've been watching! Pretty Little Liars has been my favourite show, I bulk-watched the first 5 series in a couple of months but they have really upped the amp in season 6. I'm obsessed with the liars, as well as they're outfits, boyfriends and the mystery of the show. I've spent hours browsing the #PLLTheories tag on Tumblr, but I'm still not entirely sure who A is. I have been suspicious of Aria for quite some time (even though she's my favourite Liar), but I don't think the writers are that cruel. I kind of hope its Wren, but mostly so I can see Julian Morris back on the show.
I've also been loving Once Upon A Time. I love myself a fairytale and this is all about fairytale characters in the real world (minus their memories). I love watching each of the backstories and they're full of twists, you'll never guess who the pied piper really is! I'm currently on season 3, but its such an easy show to binge watch, and Julian Morris stars again.
My Mad Fat Diary has just returned for its 3rd series and the second episode came out this week. This show is just as great as ever, the 90's setting makes everyone a little nostalgic some of those clothes were a little cringe but thank god for dungarees! It deals with teenage issues such as insecurities and 'the University debate', as well bringing mental health to the light. And it still manages to be funny, you need to watch this!

What have you been loving this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment