Monday 20 July 2015

My Holy Grail Mascara;

For the past year I've only bought one mascara, it's also a mascara I don't hear a lot about. This is the Avon Mega Effects Mascara.
As you can see this doesn't really look as it doesn't come in a tube and I wouldn't call the brush a mascara wand either. However don't let that fool you into thinking this is a gimmick. This is my go-to mascara for long black lashes without clumps.
The brush is the first thing I want to mention, this has plastic 'brissles' which are always my favourite. Some are quite long while others are just little spikes, this ensures that every one of your lashes (no matter how small) are coated, top and bottom and lengthened. The longer brissles also help to reach the very roots of your lashes, helping to make them long and thick right the way through. The brush looks like it could be difficult to hold, but you get used to it. And I think it makes a lot difference, I find having the brush tipped on its head helps to create even lashes. I never have any problem with having 'one good eye' in terms of lashes with this. The brush can also be tilted to your preference, I keep mine bent completely upright when I use this. Keeping the brush bending upwards helps to create, and hold, a curl in your lashes without the need for an eyelash curler.
As for the formula this is pretty wet and jet black. This is literally as black as it comes which some people can find a little harsh but I find it makes your lashes look thicker and longer. As for the wetness, when I first got this it was a bit too wet for my liking and it can cause the mascara to smudge. But persevere and let this dry a little and it's perfect. What I did was just dab the excess product onto a tissue before applying. I still do this from time to time when I want a less full lash look. The formula doesn't tend to clump but makes your eyelashes separated and thick. However this mascara is not good for those of you that like to layer multiple mascaras. Once this is dry it's pretty much solid and adding anymore product is the only time this causes clumps. But it's great if your like me that like full lashes in one layer before you run out of the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment