Friday 31 July 2015

The Mid Toned Pink;

For the past year I have been a woman on a mission, a mission to find the perfect mid-toned pink lip. I've tried and tested a lot and today I thought I'd show you the best of the bunch.
I have to start with my baby, Mac's Pink Plaid. This is my only Mac lipstick to date and out of all the lipsticks they had to offer, this was the shade I chose. This is a blue-toned medium, matte pink with greyish undertones, that sounds really strange but if you want an everyday pink with a twist this is gorgeous. This is the one that started this lip colour love affair for me as the mid-pink really suits my pale complexion.
Another matte option is the Revlon Matte Balm in Elusive. This is a more warm-toned middle of the range pink, with a slight peachy undertone, which makes this a gorgeous everyday colour. The formula of the Matte Balms are also amazing as they're comfortable on the lips and last a long time, though I would still recommend putting a lip balm on first. If the blue undertones of Pink Plaid aren't for you this is a great alternative!
I also have one of the original Revlon Balm Stains in Honey Douce. Honey Douce is completely different to the rest, the shade is a little darker and slightly brown toned. On me this is a real 'your lips but better shade' as its pretty similar to my lips, but perks them up if they're looking dull and adds a sheen. This is as the Revlon Balm Stains are a glossy, sheer wash of colour that stains your lips all day. I had to include this as its my handbag shade, I always keep this on me incase I forget my daily shade as its a fail safe colour that goes with any makeup look.
The next medium pink is actually a liner from Essence in the shade Wish Me a Rose. This is pretty much everything I wanted in a pink, just in pencil form: it's not too peachy or warm toned, but neither is it blue toned. It's just an everyday pink. This looks great under all of the other colours to make them last all day. Or it can be worn alone for a matte finish or under a gloss. These also don't bleed at all, and it's only £1!
A newer option to my extensive pink lip collection is the Makeup Revolution Lip Hug in Good Fun. The shade of is slightly lighter than the rest, and although I love it on myself I'd be wary if you have a darker skintone. This is a great, glossy pink that feels really moisturising on the lips.
One before last is from Collection's Deluxe Lipstick line and is in the shade Talulah. This is a slightly peachy medium pink which can be great for warmer skin tones. This feels quite moisturising when applied. It's not matte but also contains no shimmer. This is the first lipstick I ever bought from Collection and I really quite like it.
I thought I'd leave the the best until last the lippie that is 'the one' to satisfy my mid-tone pink needs is Pink Mallow by Natural Collection. This is quite simply your lips, but better and rosier. It's not cool toned but doesn't have any peach undertones either. Although this keeps your lips feeling soft it lasts for quite while. Not as long as a matte lipstick, but for £1.99 its impressive. This is actually the cheapest of all of the lipsticks, which goes to show you shouldn't overlook budget brands. If you want to end your search for the perfect medium pink, the one I recommend over the rest is this.


Just a little note to say, sorry I didn't post at the beginning of the week, sometimes real life overtakes blog life. But thank you for being patient (and for reading this) and I'm trying to get things up and running again. I also started up a Twitter for my blog so follow me over there @GirlAboutVill
Big hugs x


No comments:

Post a Comment