Friday 17 July 2015

5 Looks 1 Palette;

I find writing eyeshadow palette reviews to be a little samey, and pictures of swatches do a lot more than the words but the real proof in the pudding is how it looks on the eyes. So I decided to do just that by creating 5 looks from 1 palette.

 The palette I'm using is the Makeup Geek  palette from Makeup Revolution. This is the perfect palette to create 5 looks from as it contains every colour under the rainbow and I've been trying to wear some brighter colours on my eyes while the weather is bright. The palette is full of mattes and shimmery shades, and the four matte neutral shades are perfect transition shadows to blend with the brights for a not too in your face look. The shades are as pigmented and buttery as every other MUR, even the brighter matte shades. The palette contains 36 shadows and for shadows it is only £7.99! But I managed to snap this up completely free with an offer.
Look number one incorporates some peachy orange tones, as they're perfect for summer and just dipping my toe into the colours as its not too far from neutral. I started by using the light peachy-pink across my lid, then I used the bright shimmery orange through the crease and blended up. I then took the matte orange to blend the other shades together. Lastly I took the dark, shimmery brown and blended it beneath my lower lashline. I then finished the look by blending some brown liner through my upper lashes. 
My second look is more neutral with a shot of colour along the bottom. I began this look with the medium, matte brown shade, blended all over my lid. Next I took the shimmery champagne colour on my inner corners and through the inside of my lids. I then took the darker brown and blended it into my outer V. I decided to add a bit of pazazz, by blending this bright blue shade into my lashes. I think this is a great way of adding colour to your look, and awesome for a festival. This blue shade is one of my favourites from the palette as its so bright and pigmented.
My third look is a smokey eye injected with green. I have to admit I was a bit dubious about using a bright green, but I totally love it I think the green blends really well with the brown through the crease. For the base of this look I used my Mac Paintpot in Groundwork (which I reviewed here) for a darker look and to blend the browns. I then went straight into the crease with the matte brown, I then took the dark khaki colour in my inner and outer third. I then took the matte green over the entire lid to blend the colours. I then pressed the shimmery green into the middle of my lid. Can we take a second to talk about that green? I imagine if Elphaba from WICKED were to wear eyeshadow (and wanted it to compliment her skintone) this would be it, its a bright medium green with green and gold glitter (but in a good way) that really gives the shadow so much depth. This is pretty much Elphaba in a shadow. I then took a brown liner to liner my waterline and across my lashline to darken the look and I didn't want a liquid liner to take away from the look.
 My next eye look is the most 'out-there'. This is a very summer gold and pink combo. The first shadow I took for this was the deeper gold, I concentrated this on my inner lid and then blended out, I then took it through the outer half of my lower lash line. Next I took the matte pink into my crease to map where I wanted the glittery pink and to intensify the colour. I then went in with the glittery pink and added that to the crease and my outer V. Lastly, I took the yellow gold shade and pressed it into my inner lid. I blended everything together so soften the look with a clean fluffy brush. I added some white liner to my waterline and popped on a thin layer of mascara. I kept the rest of my makeup pretty neutral to make my eyes stand out further..
For my last eye look I decided to test out some of the purple shadows. My idea was to create a very light look with purple  tones. I began this by using the shimmery lilac shade from the palette, this shade is so pigmented one swipe onto your brush will cover your whole lid. So I took this over my whole lid and blended out, then took the matte light brown very lightly through my crease to add a little definition. I then used the matte purple on the outer third of my lid and blended inwards, I also took this shade along my lower lash line. I finished off my last look by applying white liner in my waterline and mascara to only my upper lashes to keep the look light.

Thank you very much for reading, this blog post has taken me the most time and effort out of any I've posted so far, so I'd very much appreciate your feedback. If you're wondering about any other makeup I'm wearing leave me a comment and I'll be sure to get back to you. And if you'd like to see this kind of post again please make sure to let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment