Monday 21 September 2015

Rock It!

Today I want to talk about a product that I've been having a long-term love affair with.
Benefit's boxed blushes are iconic in my opinion, yet Rockateur is the only one I own. I pretty much fell in love with it from the first promo photo I saw.
 This is my favourite blush (so far) I think the shade is perfect. Rockateur is a warm toned peachy and pink blusher, it's pretty much everything rolled into one which is why I think it would suit most skintones. It looks great with warm toned eyeshadow and a red lip, I also love wearing this in the colder months to warm my pale complexion. Oh my, the shimmer in this. It's not full of chunky glitter but there's no need for highlighter after.
The only thing I thought let this down at first was the pigmentation. For around £30 I expected this have pack a little more punch, I've definitely tried drugstore blushers that are a lot more pigmented than this. However I've grown to love that about Rockateur. It's great for those of us with a heavy hand, or pale skin as you can't really overdo it. You can pop just a little on, or you can really build this up. But when it is one it definitely stays put a lot longer than drugstore blushes.
The packaging is another thing that makes these blushes so iconic. Of course the hint is in the name, as they come in a little box. The packaging is cardboard but surprisingly durable, it closes with a magnet and even has a small mirror on the inside. Rockateur is golden snakeskin with black and pink lace and chain detailing. It is literally a rockstar looking blush. I know its not all about the packaging but this does look great on a vanity or in your makeup bag. Its just another addition to Rockateur being fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment