Monday 14 September 2015

Disappointing Products (& Better Alternatives);

Being honest most products that I don't like go straight in the bin, because I don't like looking at the money I've wasted and I don't particularly like writing a blog post on something I don't enjoy. However I've collected a few that disappointed me so I can show you, in my opinion some better alternatives.
 My first disappointing product will be the one that causes most controversy, but the Maybelline Color Tattoos just didn't work for me. When I first apply this they go on well, not the most difficult to blend but not easy either. However they look great, absolutely perfect... For the first 3 hours. After that it creases so bad on me that all of the product has almost disappears. When I tried to blend it back out I was left with nothing on my lids. I tried to work with this by purchasing a matte shade and by setting it with powder eyeshadow, which did set it for longer, but it still creased and took my entire eye look with it. For that reason I find it pointless to use. I almost gave up on cream shadows completely after these as I'd read such great reviews, but I decided to pick up a Mac Paintpot. I know price wise there's quite a bit of difference between this and the Color Tattoos, but sometimes you get what you pay for. This is pretty much everything I expected from the Color Tattoos. When applying the Paintpot blends beautifully. It can be warn alone for a simple eye look, and any eyeshadow warn on top really pops especially shimmery shades. And it lasts all day, no smudging, no creasing. I reviewed this in full here.
I love Makeup Revolution and it's not often they get it wrong however their Blushing Hearts Triple Baked Blush in the shade Blushing Heart didn't do it for me. These blushes have 3 shades that you swirl together. The lilac and peach shades are beautiful, lovely pigmentation and just the right amount of shimmer. However the pink, and of course largest shade, is completely different. This is full of chunky silver glitter that overpowers the pigmentation of the shade. When all 3 are used together it looks fake and kinda like kids makeup. You can't really avoid dipping your brush into the pink shade and the glitter shows through the other 2. I was so disappointed with this as it was super hyped on Instagram before its release, and it looks so gorgeous. I've only kept it because the packaging is so stunning and it looks great in photos or on your dresser. I've read great reviews on some of the other shades, but I definitely wouldn't recommend this one. I had hoped this would be similar to MUR's single baked blushes, which I have in the shade All I Think About Is You which I reviewed in full here. This really pigmented and had just the right about of gold shimmer that doesn't look fake. It gives a lovely glow without overshadowing the gorgeous pink blush shade. Yes, the packaging isn't as spectacular, but it's half the price so I'd recommend getting two of these over the Blushing Heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment