Friday 18 September 2015

Warner Bros Studio Tour;

I've been pretty busy the past month, so I thought I'd make up for the lack of posts by showing you something I got up to. A few weeks ago me and my family travelled up to London to visit what we call Harry Potter Land for the second time (we used the excuse of needing to see the Hogwarts Express).

If you haven't been, the studio tour displays sets from the Harry Potter film franchise, along with behind the scene info on how everything came together. We got to experience the Summer Sweet Treats event and got shown how they made all of the delicious looking banquets from the films from not-so-delicious resin. You get to hear all about the special effects and see the anamontronics that gave you Hagrid and Dobby and a heap of other magical beasts. There is also a collection of artwork and models of all the sets which are truly fantastic. You can also try flying a broomstick or enchanted car with photo ops at both! I had great fun with my sister's HP Passport (included with a child's ticket) I got to some unique embossed stamps and found 13 hidden golden snitches. It was also the summer sweet treats event when we went so we got to see how they made delicious looking food from the movies from not-so-delicious resin! 

One of my favourite parts is the shop, it really is a HP Haven. You can get anything from £300 model chess sets (my mum's favourite) to themed tea towels. There's a whole section dedicated to Pygmy puffs and pesky piskies, and even death-eater themed items of you're that way inclined. 
You can deck yourself from head to toe in Hogwarts uniform, it you can bear to part with £75 for a robe (I already have a scarf from last time I visited). But I can't bear to leave without a Chocolate Frog and some Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.


No comments:

Post a Comment