Monday 30 March 2015

Mini Mac Haul;

The nearest Mac store to me is an hour and a half away. Although I am forever lusting over the website I like to see my makeup before I buy it. Luckily a few towns away The Cosmetics Company Store has just open, they offer higher end brands of makeup  for a discount price. Of course they don't offer a full selection of products and they often use discontinued and less popular shades. But I am very excited to show you what I purchased and share my savings with you.
 I had to pick up the Pro Longwear Foundation especially as it was £17.50 in store. The helpful assistant stood with me for 20 minutes helping me find the right shade so a big thank you must go out to her. I bought it in the shade NW 13, I'm told the NW means pink toned and this was such a good match that you couldn't notice I was wearing it on my neck when I left. This foundation is meant to be medium coverage and natural so I'm looking forward to see how it works with my skin.
I don't usually get on with cream eyeshadows/ bases, (I don't even get on with the Maybelline Colour Tattoos) but I've heard such good things about Mac Paint Pots. I picked up mine in Groundwork, which is a medium warm-toned brown (even though Mac's website describes it as taupe??). I got this for £10 which is a £5.50 saving, I'm just keeping all fingers crossed that this converts me to a cream eyeshadow wearer.
This is by far my favourite purchase, Mac eyeshadows are iconic in the beauty world but even at the discounted price a single pan was £8 and I managed to pick this quad up for £21. Introducing: Showstopper, it is a cool toned quad that I don't think is available anymore. It contains the shades; 'Oh My Darling' which is a light nude with a little shimmer, 'Jest' which is a pink-peach shade with shimmer, 'Mineralism' which is a brown taupey colour which is full blown sparkle and 'Showstopper' which is a matte dark brown with purple undertones. I think this is gonna make some great looks and fit right in with the rest of my eyeshadows. I literally can't wait to try this, like as soon as I finish typing. Ooh and the packing is magnetic... so satisfying.

If you see The Cosmetics Company Store open near you, definitely go take a look it might take a bit of rummaging through sparkly purple lipstick and orange eyeliner, but there are some real gems. The also offer Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder and Smashbox among others and I will definitely be going back for more (when my bankcard has recuperated). What are your favourite Mac products?

No comments:

Post a Comment